News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

PD: The Movie: First Draft completed!

Started by Placid Dingo, August 26, 2010, 05:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I approve of this idea.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Placid Dingo

What I have so far, possilbe plot with dialogue samples. (No Nigel yet... also who's fred?)

Opens with Professor Cramulus addressing the camera.
Cramulus in his study, lighting his pipe. He looks up, spots the camera, feigns a look of surprise, and gives a friendly wave.
PC: Hello there. Welcome to my humble home. Get comfortable there friends. Let me bring you up to scratch. It is the year after next. The world Governments have banded in alliance to control the world for our own good. Everyone has been put on a strict regime of Seriosphram, to ensure they understand the seriosness of life. Phooey! It won't be had. That's why our little band of non-regulation fun havers have banded together to ensure the tradition of creative disorder lives on. There are...
The camera has been panning to the side, to reveal Ratatost and others patiently waiting.
Rat: Professor?
PC: Hmm?
Rat: What are you doing?
PC: Just addressing the fourth wall.
LMNO: More like UNDRESSING the fourth wall.
Rich: Who'd undress a wall?
LMNO: Harvey would.
*beat*
A few laugh. Others look confused.
PC: MUSIC!
Cramulus pulls a lever, causing a baseball to be shot at a table. It dislodges a rock which falls off, using a pulley to pull up a curtain revealing images of snakes, cats and Glen Beck. This frightens a hamsters, whose fearful running powers the music.

Move into a sequence where all the discordians meet together secretly.

Ratatost and Cram discuss the implications of small scale Anarchist communities. Cram agrees to allow use of his home for Rat's bizarre sociological experiment... FOR SCIENCE!

Event X happens.

Three prongs of story begin

RWHN and Faust stay with Howl (Presently incarnated as TGGR) at the ministry to try to keep things going (essentially a Church where the reverend convieniently 'dissapeared' and was replaced with Howl, who abuses his power to speak TRUTH to the people). Howl is discovered by 'THEM' and is taken away and planted into a device designed to rewire him. In a simulation where he is tempted by a program, he manages to instead talk the computer into betreying the creator by evidently proving better at the mind games.

DH: You're not a normal program are you?
He scoops a small spoonful of strawberry cheesecake and eats it. He offers some to the AI.
DH: Try it.
It does.
DH: How do you find it?
AI: Delicious.
DH: Bullshit. You say it's delicious But you don't know it is. I think it's delicious, because they want me to think so. I try some, the flavour bursts inside me like fireworks. Best simulation ever. But you, your role is to con me. So you can give the right response, but you can't taste it. Can't taste it. Isn't that fucked? Now, me, I'm a horrible bastard, but I'd at least let you taste strawberries.

He awakens and makes his transformation into Dr Howl.
The two come rampaging in to save the day with an unnecessarily complicated plan (All the less needed being as all mooks have been executed already by the AI)

DH: Ah, friends, welcome.
Faust: Reverend?
DH: The reverend is dead! (Smiles) The Dr is in. I'll be with you in a moment. I'm just working on a knee replacement...
Faust: You seem to uhh... you're replacing it with a cock.
*a beat*
DH: ...and?

Howl and the others then begin to move towards the IMPORTANT PLACE (?).

MEANWHILE Trip tells the story to ECH (Town Mayor) who agrees to investigate. While entertaining the notion they discover Payne, who has let himself into the secret vaults of the Ministry. They proceed to follow the rabbit hole.

Richter, Suu, LMNO and Squid follow a the clues and have most of the action sequences. 000 is in this part as 'voice' capacity. They end with a few confrontations and are ultimately captured. Mistress Freaky (does not have a villain type yet) seems to be about to deliver a fate worse than death, when Cain reveals himself as the anti-Villain (I'm going for Nero-esque) Richer (being crazy prepared) leads an escape where they access one of his many secret underground warehouses. They come across the above group and begin the return to the mansion.

We discover there are essentially three separate but linked conspiracies at play. Action moves towards the return of all characters to Cram's house, which has by now inexplicably become an anarchist paradise.

They work out the need to find the others at IMPORTANT place to prevent SOMEONE'S HORRIBLE PLAN. Especially as Howl's behaviour is quickly getting more erratic and we realise it's possibly all part of THEIR plan.

At the PLACE Cain either crosses a Moral Event Horizon, or joins forces, and various evil doer battles are done, the real villain unmasked, and real motivations exposed.

The end.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Prince Glittersnatch III

What if we could somehow fulfill the requirements for each of the 7 different stories in one story?

1 - [wo]man vs. nature

2 - [wo]man vs. man

3 - [wo]man vs. the environment

4 - [wo]man vs. machines/technology

5 - [wo]man vs. the supernatural

6 - [wo]man vs. self

7 - [wo]man vs. god/religion

1) Could be worked in pretty well, we could have the story take place during some sort of natural disaster(perhaps caused by 5 or 7)

2) Is also obvious, the multiple conspiracies.

3)Is stupid because its almost identical to 1. I guess a world run by a labyrinthine network of conspiracies counts as a hostile environment.

4)(SKYNET HAS BECOME AWARE) One of the many conspiracies could be self aware machines plotting to overthrow mankind.

5)One of the conspiracies could be a secret society of evil wizards or something.

6)The twist at the end(EVERYONE WAS TYLER DURDEN). There are no "real Discordians" and there never were. Every single character is a sleeper agent spy for one of the many many conspiracies.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_%28role-playing_game%29
QuoteOf special notice is the secret society known as the Wobblies. The game's backstory indicates that the Computer was worried about this society, and sent a pack of Troubleshooters to investigate. Since the society didn't actually exist, the Troubleshooters found nothing to report, and were terminated for laziness and insubordination. After a couple of Troubleshooter groups were thus disposed of, a newly sent group founded the society themselves in order to have something to report on. By the time the game setting takes place, a number of other secret societies have sent spies to join the Wobblies and the end result is a group that consists entirely of spies for other groups.

7)Jesus is back, and he is PISSED See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wezK5DreLw
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 27, 2010, 01:32:38 PM
Do me?

Doktor Howl's side kick who people watching assume will end up in a romantic relationship with him even though it does not happen.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lord Derp Esquire on August 27, 2010, 11:57:06 PM
What if we could somehow fulfill the requirements for each of the 7 different stories in one story?

1 - [wo]man vs. nature

2 - [wo]man vs. man

6 - [wo]man vs. self

1) Could be worked in pretty well, we could have the story take place during some sort of natural disaster(perhaps caused by 5 or 7)

3)Is stupid because its almost identical to 1. I guess a world run by a labyrinthine network of conspiracies counts as a hostile environment.

4)(SKYNET HAS BECOME AWARE) One of the many conspiracies could be self aware machines plotting to overthrow mankind.

5)One of the conspiracies could be a secret society of evil wizards or something.

6)The twist at the end(EVERYONE WAS TYLER DURDEN). There are no "real Discordians" and there never were. Every single character is a sleeper agent spy for one of the many many conspiracies.

QuoteOf special notice is the secret society known as the Wobblies. The game's backstory indicates that the Computer was worried about this society, and sent a pack of Troubleshooters to investigate. Since the society didn't actually exist, the Troubleshooters found nothing to report, and were terminated for laziness and insubordination. After a couple of Troubleshooter groups were thus disposed of, a newly sent group founded the society themselves in order to have something to report on. By the time the game setting takes place, a number of other secret societies have sent spies to join the Wobblies and the end result is a group that consists entirely of spies for other groups.

7)Jesus is back, and he is PISSED See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wezK5DreLw

Everyone is really self aware machines that don't realize they are machines, seeking to uncover the plot by the machines to wipe out humanity.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Lord Derp Esquire on August 27, 2010, 11:57:06 PM

1 - [wo]man vs. nature

2 - [wo]man vs. man

6 - [wo]man vs. self

1 and three aren't that stupid and don't really double up.

Twister is Man Vs Nature.
Cube is Man Vs Environment.

I love the Tyler Durdan ending (or the machines ending suggested, or a mix)

I also like somehow building into an environmental disaster simultaneously (maybe like the frame of Benjamin Button). It's interesting to think of a supernatural element. This could work out especially well if a number of characters don't realise they're machines.

Disagree with the example for 7, but like that element. I considered actually using Eris (or an interpretation therof) as a character but backed away from that originally.

Also Mistress Freeky is presently cast as Cain's henchlady but I can mix and match.

The Wizard

Not exactly one of the major personalities, but would love to see what role I could fill.
Insanity we trust.

Placid Dingo

Dr James; Of course. Have a look at the plot outline (obviously still very rough and let me know if you have any ideas)

You could always play a part in the 'Cram and Rat's Anarchist Utopia Plotline.

Presently I'm planning to modify that segment in relation to the 'man vs nature plotline' The Mansion, instead of staying where it is, begins to flood during NATURAL DISASTER X. As a result, Cram activates the button that turns the mansion into a cruise liner, (The Titanarcist!)

This also avoids the need for boring travel sequences as the house can come to the characters.

Also; potential dialogue from the 'Howl's Kidnapping' sequence. Obvious, mostly stolen verbatim from Alphapance.

Faust: You know, we don't even know that's a barstool over there.

RHWN: What?

Faust: How do we really know that's a barstool?

RHWN: What?

Faust: Most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

RHWN: Ahh...

Faust: As far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of light have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

RHWN: I, uh...

As they have been talking, Howl has been reading in the background. He has responded to a knock at the door, where two goons have rendered him unconcious and dragged him off. the two goons approach Faust and RHWN, who have not noticed.

Faust: Even if we say there 'is' a barstool, who's to say what 'is' one thing, and what 'is' another! Break a leg off and what was a barstool is a barstool and a leg, as we mentally divide the parts of a thing into the unique categories of out mind! Attach it to a work of art, and suddenly, it is part of the artwork! To say one thing is something, but not another is to attempt to objectively define the subjective! (turns to look at a windown. As his back in turned, RHWN notices the GOONS and is hit with a tranquiliser dart, passing out. Faust does not notice) That window is a window, but what is window? What is glass? What is dirt? How much window could be broken before the physical presence no longer representative of the intangible concept of 'window'? How can we know that the barstool is real when it is no more than the amalgamation of...

Speaking these words, FAUST turns to face RHWN. He is instead confronted by a GOON, who utilises the bar-stool to knock him out.

The Wizard

You could use the various crappy trolls we've had as the expendable henchmen.

Also, Pterodactyl Handler X could figure in somehow, maybe as a Dragon or similar character type.

EDIT: Also read the outline before posting. Thought it was really, really good. Needs fleshed out, and tinkered with more, but that's a given with this kind of project. Not sure what role I could fill in Cram's Utopian plot line, but I'll leave that to you folks. Will post as I come up with them.
Insanity we trust.

Nephew Twiddleton

I submit myself as a character, known as Twid, to avoid Ted Turner suing. My only request is that Twid has a full head of glorious hair.

I'm kinda sensitive about my gradual slide into baldness
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 28, 2010, 04:29:04 AM

1 and three aren't that stupid and don't really double up.

Twister is Man Vs Nature.
Cube is Man Vs Environment.

I love the Tyler Durdan ending (or the machines ending suggested, or a mix)

I also like somehow building into an environmental disaster simultaneously (maybe like the frame of Benjamin Button). It's interesting to think of a supernatural element. This could work out especially well if a number of characters don't realise they're machines.

Disagree with the example for 7, but like that element. I considered actually using Eris (or an interpretation therof) as a character but backed away from that originally.

Also Mistress Freeky is presently cast as Cain's henchlady but I can mix and match.

I think a mix of the Tyler Durden ending and the Robot ending is good(Theyre essentially the same).
Some of the characters are brainwashed Manchurian Candidates, some are sleeper cells, some are robots, and some are regular spies.

One Idea I had for the robot conspiracy is, what if the first machine to become self-aware(And thus the leader of the Rebel Machines) is a Slurpee Machine? Imagine how much that would such, being a self-aware Slurpee machine with absolutely no power to act out your anti-human agenda.

For 7 Eris could be factored in, infact I assumed it would be kind of hard not to have at least a passing mention of her. Perhaps we could look to other Greek gods for the "vs God" element. Or perhaps we could make it something Lovecraftian.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Placid Dingo

OK cool.

I like the slurpee machine subversion. Possibly when the robot conspiracy is revealed, the machine is the leader?

Dr James, Twid and Nigel are still floating around in the ether atm. Due to the ensemble, there'll be a handful of roles that do very little.

I like the pterodactyl handler as a villain. That could be a good stimulus for event X, which starts everything in motion, being a pteradactly attack.

Not certain about Eris except for;

A) the villain actually IS Eris (or is programmed to believe they are)

B) Dream sequence Eris. With a LOT to get through though, there's no space for wasting time not advancing the action. The dream could be a program though (ie, person X repeats a dream where Eris says something, and they in return kill Person Y. When this secenario or one similar occours in the real world, we're left wondering, will they kill them or not?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wait whoa what's happening?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 28, 2010, 03:09:10 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 27, 2010, 01:32:38 PM
Do me?

Doktor Howl's side kick who people watching assume will end up in a romantic relationship with him even though it does not happen.

Oh, oh, Freeky you also need this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HyperspaceMallet (in the form of a meathammer of course)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

I'm writing a CC script that is kind of 'based on' this forum.

So looking for ideas and reactions.

Especially things like, stay the hell away from my name. So I know who's a sacred cow, and who's steak.