News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

how many sticky threads do we need in Apple Talk?

Started by East Coast Hustle, September 17, 2009, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

seriously, I didn't know we were suffering from sticky thread deprivation.

Now that I know, I'd be happy to sticky every single fucking thread in Apple Talk, since that seems to be what's needed.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Pssssssssssst
There's another thread just like this.
We shoulda stickied it.

~runs... FAST~

Richter

Nothing should be stickied.  It'd confuse trolls and invaders, like the streets of Worcester or Providence.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dysfunctional Cunt

I agree with Richter, unless it is administration putting up a message for us all to see for whatever reason (and they have their own section for that) then the only thing keeping threads at the top of Apple Talk should be activity!!!

Cain

Richter

Red flags, obviously market targets for trolls, griefers, and douchebags.
A stickied thread tells them what we want everyone to know, like saluting an officer in view of a sniper.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

How about we move the WOMP stuff to multimedia menace, leave the intros sticked, and cut the rest loose to plummet to page 6?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I like the WOMP idea.  I'd leave the Intro and Attention Noobs thread stickied though.  I notice a lot of people do read the latter, often when they sign right up, so it seems to be doing the job.

Unless someone wants to write a new, spiffy, updated for 2009 advice for noobs?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

if you move womp i'll never remember to look at it !!!!  :sad:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2009, 06:53:46 PM
I like the WOMP idea.  I'd leave the Intro and Attention Noobs thread stickied though.  I notice a lot of people do read the latter, often when they sign right up, so it seems to be doing the job.

Unless someone wants to write a new, spiffy, updated for 2009 advice for noobs?

Dear New Member:

Thank you so much for choosing PD.com.  We are so happy you have chosen to join us on here in our great works for spag freedom and equality everywhere.  Just a few short things to remember.....

1. If you can't be an original troll, please visit www.mysticwicks.com.

2. If you are here to tell us how we are doing it wrong, please refer to the 3000 previous attempts to do the same thing and if you can't come up with something original, refer to #1.

3. If you choose to tease the tigers here do not whine and cry when they bite off your extrmities, chew them up and womp the fuck out of them.....

Otherwise, enjoy your stay, visit or drive-by whichever it turns out to be.

:oops:

Faust

sticky every thread in page one so that any unsticky thread cant come past page two.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Payne

Create a bunch of empty threads sticky them, then lock them. Fill the first page with them. ON EVERY BOARD.

LMNO

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 17, 2009, 09:50:11 PM
sticky every thread in page one so that any unsticky thread cant come past page two.

I did that in 2005. Results were... Mixed.

I like the new meritocracy. If it's good it's on top.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 17, 2009, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 17, 2009, 09:50:11 PM

I did that in 2005. Results were... Mixed.

I like the new meritocracy. If it's good it's on top.

I just moved a bunch of WOMP shit to MM.  Some of it is stickied.  As that is your board, you might want to decide what to do with them.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

why did spagbook get moved?? thats just pics of our faces
cant you just unsticky it and leave it here?