News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Family

Started by AFK, December 04, 2006, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

my dad laughs says "thats cool"
my mom shakes her head in blonde confusion
grandmother says thats stupid
grandfather laughts
sister says "your sooo crazy"
so really no negative reaction really
my family is really kind of understanding (<--- hate that word but best word I could think of)
as for if they would actually understand what im talking about
or relate to it - probably not - and as i said before ive never been one to care
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

B_M_W

I find that family is not who you are related to, but the people who love and care for you, support you, not what they think is you. Many times these people may be related to you, but just as often they are not. In my fortune the family that is related to me is understanding, and the family that is not are like minded. Some of whom occasionally inhabit these forums.

This is kinda what ECH put out there, but I just wanted to put in my $.02
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

East Coast Hustle

I agree with that totally. I'm related to alot of assholes that I don't like, so I decided to choose my real family for myself, and alot of them seem to get what I'm talking about to some degree, whether they agree with it or not.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

We made a list of holiday cards we wanted to send out.  Basically, it broke out this way:

My family
Her family
Her college friends
Her Boston friends

See a pattern?  Yeah, while I'm friendly with her Boston friends, they aren't really "my" friends.

All I got are pixels on the screen.  Damn, sometimes I wish I wasn't ECH's alt.

East Coast Hustle

How do you think I feel?

I'm real and I have to resort to talking to imaginary friends to achieve some sense of human connection and mutual understanding.

It's like jerking off, but without the messy fun part.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I personally don't really have to worry about my family.  They are agnostic central/left wingers who have traveled alot and done and pretty much encouraged me to do my own thing and figure out stuff for myself.  I haven't really told them about Discordianism per se, though I've frequently bought up Discordian viewpoints and talked them out.

With me, its more my friends and in particular girlfriends.  A couple have taken an interest, but the ones I most expected to were just not interested.  The problem is, many of them are what you might call the new left, the sort of people those on the right of the political spectrum like to rant about.  And if you bring up any seperate viewpoint to theirs then you are automatically wrong - just like with most ideologues.  Which has kind of strained things now and again.

Kind of like with ECH, my experience with my girlfriend was quite odd and more than just a little upsetting.  I felt a real heel for a while, because I had basically torn down her perception of how the world really worked and shown her something she had put trust in was not worthy of that.  It was necessary at the time, not only for her but me too, but that didn't exactly make me feel better about what I did.

LHX

hold on yo

so this warm glow coming out of the monitor -- that isnt love??

fuck
now im fucked
neat hell

LMNO

SAVAGE

Family is good as long as you pick your spouse very carefully.
BLOWME

AFK

Thank you Dr. Phil. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.