News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

CloserToGod: Black Iron Prison Rebuttal

Started by AFK, February 05, 2007, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

uhhh

i thought everybody was just patting each other on the back?
neat hell

AFK

I just wanted to get my thoughts out somewhere so they'd stop rattling around in my head.
And seriously LMNO, don't look at me that way.   :eek:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

mtpathy

Oddly enough i read about the black iron prison within another forum that tended to treat those that were part of this group "discordians, subgenii", as a carnival act, something to gain amusment from. although i think many here tend to see themselves as being just this i also think that there are some thought provoking and quite enlightened ideas written between the lines, but not necessarily blatently stated.
Anyways the concept and idiology of the balck iron prison isnt new too me, although it being stated in such a colourful context is, ive studied aura reading and empathy most my adolscent life, and now into my adult life i find that people are indeed trapped by there own perceptions, and by this they have created there reality of bias that they couldnt escape from even if they wanted too.
This is a system and idiology i've been working on both moving outside of as well as defining the parts that make it up ie: "the machine", for quite a long time, not quite sure how to approach any of this but if anyones ever intrested in comparing notes or experiences id be more then happy to talk, perhaps over a nice game of chess?
Salutations

LHX

its definitely amusing here

i dunno

maybe its the candidness that scares people

maybe its the general lack of pride the makes people feel uncomfortable

i remember reading a personal ad by a woman where it said:
"im not looking for a man who is trying to save the world"

lawlz

i cant remember who said it here, but somebody mentioned that doctors can offer anti-depressants, but they cant offer a depressed person reasons to not be depressed

there is some logical fallacies in this society we are living in

all we try to do here is consistently cut thru bullshit and get feedback to make sure that we
arent the bullshitters

anyway -
welcome

you sound well-reasoned

maybe you could teach us a thing or 3
neat hell

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: LHX on February 13, 2007, 03:08:29 AM

i remember reading a personal ad by a woman where it said:
"im not looking for a man who is trying to save the world"

i cant remember who said it here, but somebody mentioned that doctors can offer anti-depressants, but they cant offer a depressed person reasons to not be depressed

something to do with becoming a society made of individuals driven by their unrational fear, and their own selfish desires - and then allowing others to minipulate our being and control our actions through those desires..
your depression case could be just a simple chemical imbalance, or possibly an individual whos sense of self relies so heavily on these fullfillments, that when they find they can't fullfill them, or the stimuli does not work they lose their purpose of being

which reminds me...
I gotta learn to drive, get a sleek silver Porsche Turbo Coupe, and show to the world what kind of person I am, only through that material emotional connection will I be able to express my sense of self
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LHX

'depression' is definitely something worth investigating

it seems that a lot of people here have moved beyond depression

we offer after-depressants instead of anti-depressants
neat hell

Jasper

I thought we offered a comfortingly radical and edgy self-image

LMNO

I thought we offered asshattery.

Oh, and by the way:
Quote from: mtpathy on February 13, 2007, 02:45:29 AM
Oddly enough i read about the black iron prison within another forum that tended to treat those that were part of this group "discordians, subgenii", as a carnival act, something to gain amusment from. although i think many here tend to see themselves as being just this i also think that there are some thought provoking and quite enlightened ideas written between the lines, but not necessarily blatently stated.
Anyways the concept and idiology of the balck iron prison isnt new too me, although it being stated in such a colourful context is, ive studied aura reading and empathy most my adolscent life, and now into my adult life i find that people are indeed trapped by there own perceptions, and by this they have created there reality of bias that they couldnt escape from even if they wanted too.
This is a system and idiology i've been working on both moving outside of as well as defining the parts that make it up ie: "the machine", for quite a long time, not quite sure how to approach any of this but if anyones ever intrested in comparing notes or experiences id be more then happy to talk, perhaps over a nice game of chess?
Salutations

I would be very happy to hear about a link of the BIP with empathy (without the metaphysical gang war of "empathy vs emotional contagion").  Some of us here (ahem*me*ahem) tend to get all left-brained when making this shit up.

So, mtpathy:  give us a rant, if'n you please.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: mtpathy on February 13, 2007, 02:45:29 AM

Well, think for a moment.  To which would you rather pay attention: a screaming lunatic on a soap box, or a clown juggling flaming clubs whilst occasionally making pithy observations?
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

AFK

There is another "BIP" forum that I know of that is dedicated to Phillip Dick's BIP.  I actually trolled there for a bit but it was rather inactive and so I left.