News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

An exercise for BIPers and GSPers

Started by AFK, February 16, 2007, 02:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I have a question, and I don't know if this is useful or not.

We've gone in all kinds of directions here at the BIP forum.
We've talked about lots of project ideas (audio, visual, etc.)
We've discussed different ideas within BIP/GSP.

Here's what I want to know, what kind of BIPer are you?
It is clear we all have different talents and areas of knowledge/experience.
Perhaps it is useful to "define" where we are coming from in regards to BIP.

For example, this is me:
I think when I think of the BIP I tend to focus more literally and presently on the "think for yourself schmuck" idea, especially with regards to a person's development.  My piece about "The American Dream" in the BIP pamphlet is an example of that.  I think about paths we are steered down and paths we willingly and unwillingly ignore.  Meanwhile, I have to admit I get a bit lost with the occult stuff because it's not something I've really been exposed to that often.  Not to say it isn't interesting but that I don't have much to offer.

The point of this is that it might be nice to have a sort of roster with our strengths and weaknesses with the BIP ideas and philosophies.  Especially considering any productivity, that way people can focus on what they are good at.  Again, I don't know if it's helpful or not but just an idea that I think could enhance our productivity. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LHX

there seem to be 2 trends:

1. the revolving door
2. the do-it-yourself technique

it would be nice to see a roster - but after all this time, i dont know how likely that is

on a related note - i cant remember who said it but i read a quote that said something along the lines of '80% of success is just showing up'

in that regard, whoever has equipment to produce anything just needs to get into the mood, if they are so inclined
neat hell

LMNO

I'm still not quite sure what the question is.

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 03:36:17 PM
I'm still not quite sure what the question is.

I think it is asking you to identify your splinter group of this particular splinter group.
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

Would "non serviam" be an appropriate answer?

LHX

neat hell

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 03:40:42 PM
Would "non serviam" be an appropriate answer?

That's so 1968.  You're supposed to splinter down til everyone is their own ethnic/religious group, and then fight it out.

Alternatively, you can just make up something a hair more esoteric than anyone else, and then expound on it to young ladies at parties.  
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

I like the latter choice.

Not to mention, I have a feeling I'm already there.  Care to hear my esoteric interpretations of the Law of Fives?

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 03:44:45 PM
I like the latter choice.

Not to mention, I have a feeling I'm already there.  Care to hear my esoteric interpretations of the Law of Fives?

Did I mention the chainsaw?
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

Have you checked out the rocket-powered chainsaw yet?

Also, do you even buy in to the Law of Fives?

Cramulus

This is all subject to change over time and whimsy--

For months, I've been mulling over the the idea that most of humanity isn't actually conscious. Personally, I think I'm only conscious for about 20% of the day, maybe less (on average). I'd like to get that up to a good 33%. Without any pretentiousness, I do think a good portion of humanity is only awake for like 5-10% of the day, if that, and I'd like to help them. I know so many people who are depressed and miserable but lack the self awareness and willpower to DO something about it. I think the BIP is a toehold they can use to climb out. (emphasis on them climbing out, not us pulling them out)

As far as how I participate... I'm a pretty good editor, and good at critical analysis. I can produce a rant or sermon now and then, though I haven't had the time or patience in the last few weeks 'cause I'm bogged down with other writing projects. I feel I could serve The Project mostly by helping refine it and organize it towards being a final product. (I'm an assistant editor IRL)

I really do want to see us produce material that is useful to random strangers that pick it up. Yesterday, the guy sitting behind me on the bus must have read the pamphlet I left for him on the seat. I heard him make an interested "hm" noise. I would have preferred if that noise was, like, incoherent babble or laughter or hysterical screaming or something. I think this is a goal we can achieve.

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 03:49:41 PM
Have you checked out the rocket-powered chainsaw yet?

Also, do you even buy in to the Law of Fives?

1) :lol:  Stolen, as of now.

2)  Not even a bit.  I thought the whole thing was a fucking JOKE, you know, showing that you can spot patterns in anything, if you want to bad enough, and someone tells you what pattern to look for.  It's just an exercise demonstrating how religion works.

Isn't it?
GET IT OFF ME!

Cain

QuoteNot even a bit.  I thought the whole thing was a fucking JOKE, you know, showing that you can spot patterns in anything, if you want to bad enough, and someone tells you what pattern to look for.  It's just an exercise demonstrating how religion works.

Isn't it?

Yup.  But I think that was what LMNO meant.  Second part of the Law says "the more I look, the more I see it" or something.  Thats always been the point of it, as far as most people here are concerned.

LMNO

Doc Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2007, 03:54:45 PM
QuoteNot even a bit.  I thought the whole thing was a fucking JOKE, you know, showing that you can spot patterns in anything, if you want to bad enough, and someone tells you what pattern to look for.  It's just an exercise demonstrating how religion works.

Isn't it?

Yup.  But I think that was what LMNO meant.  Second part of the Law says "the more I look, the more I see it" or something.  Thats always been the point of it, as far as most people here are concerned.

That's a relief.  I'd hate to think I spent the last 25 years laughing at something that wasn't intended to be a joke.
GET IT OFF ME!