News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Rev. What's-His-Name's? Exploratory Committee

Started by AFK, March 05, 2007, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

So does that mean I would get official SSOOKN backing?  And does that backing come in the form of campaign contributions?  And do the campaign contributions come in the form of fine spirits?

RWHN,
Looking to fuel "the good fight" with Irish Whiskey.  Seemed to work for Ted Kennedy. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 05, 2007, 09:09:18 PM
So does that mean I would get official SSOOKN backing?  And does that backing come in the form of campaign contributions?  And do the campaign contributions come in the form of fine spirits?

RWHN,
Looking to fuel "the good fight" with Irish Whiskey.  Seemed to work for Ted Kennedy. 

SSOOKN support comes in the form of links to useless shit that you will think is cool but will annoy your wife.

Cf: Lark In The Morning.  :wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

OK, things to consider.

If you are running for public office, are you running as part of a well-established (or even well known "fringe" party) or are you an independent?  Local branches choose who runs for local seats, so you have to demonstrate some ideological purity to even get to that stage.

Once in office, do you intend to toe the party line or will you follow your own agenda?  Does the office in question allow you do to that (think Commons Whips for example).

Thats a good start, I would say.

AFK

I would start small, school board or city council.  And on that level, party isn't really as important as State Senator or State Representative.  I also have the great fortune of having a French lastname, in a city that has lots of citizens of French dissent, so my name will do me more good than party.  I probably would angle to run independant.  I certainly wouldn't run as a Green Party candidate.  I'd immediately be doomed to failure. 

I'm starting to make some good connections in my newish job.  I think I can work this for another year or two and get some more visibility and make a viable candidate.  Of course, it will also depend on how much dough I'll personally have to drop for campaing signs, etc. 

LMNO

So, you're actually "Reverend What's-His-Nom"?

AFK

Payne

Bump

I wouldn't vote for you, even if I could.

AFK

Heh, I forgot about this. 
I think these plans will be put on hold for the time being. 
I need to put some time in with this current job and do more networking. 
Perhaps I will consider this again in 2010.