News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

3 Dimensional thinking.

Started by Adios, June 12, 2007, 07:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

I agree with what Payne said.

There's a difference between self-medicating and self-over-medicating. There can be too much of a good thing at which point it becomes a bad thing.

I feel for you, Hawk. The fact that you can see that you're on the borderline of a mess and you're pulling yourself away says something very good for you. I've been in shitty places like that and I know how hard it can be. I hope you have a good support network. If nothing else, you know us jerks here on the intertubes are capable of being almost decent individuals now and again when needed. :D

I don't really know anything about Interstitial Cystitis, but I DO know about how much any disease involving the bladder sucks worse than fifteen black holes. I'm sorry.

OKAY QUICK SOMEONE PLZ TO BE BRINGING LULZ I AM FEELING TOO SERIOUS AND KINDLY NOW
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Adios

Bumped. Drinking issue resolved.

I still want to pursue this.

Adios

So what are the impediments to the proposed Free Radical Thought process?

Obviously thoughts follow patterns in most cases. Is the pattern random or a microcosm of the BIP in our heads? For the sake of this discussion I will say the latter. Based on this then is it fear of the unknown or just another symptom of being in a rut? Both seem to fit. Fear can be overcome, but can we get enough speed built up to climb out of the rut? Can we as intelligent individuals actually allow our thoughts to spin completely out of control and take us to the next dimension?
Honestly I believe we can. It may require work like meditation (not in the Zen kind of way) to free ourselves. We are all in our own custom built BIP because it's comfortable. We built it that way. The same goes for our thoughts. I feel three dimensional free radical thinking is a habit that can be developed. The same as the habit we have for our now thought process. In many ways our joke is old and we need some new material. We need to understand the mind of the cabbage, not just make fun of it. Get inside the mind and then figure out how to shock it out of Grayness.
Cross communication with other Discordian sites was a great step in this direction. The boundaries of isolationism were abandoned and some good results are being seen.

What else can we do?

I am not a Zen Master of Free Radical thinking.....yet!