News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 19, 2014, 08:14:18 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on May 19, 2014, 08:13:41 PM
We might have to work around some visibility and presentation issues, but have you read yatto's work?

Which?  His, or the stuff he stole?

So that's the guy that stole and jumped ship?  I think I have a drawing "of his" in my PM.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on May 19, 2014, 08:20:06 PM
We might have to work around some visibility and presentation issues, but have you read yatto's work?

So that's the guy that stole and jumped ship?  I think I have a drawing "of his" in my PM.

He didn't jump ship, he was pushed, after he announced that he was going to use people's work whether they liked it or not.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 19, 2014, 08:23:34 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on May 19, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

He didn't jump ship, he was pushed, after he announced that he was going to use people's work whether they liked it or not.

I don't want to dredge any shit up just to humor my misplaced idealism, so I take it this was not a misunderstanding?  Immediately, my advocate pops up and is like "Lucy, you know how confusing the issue of provenance can be when dealing with the collective unconscious.  Think about your father..."

[Ed.  Coinki-dinkily, I just "accidentally" marked all my posts as read...  I get it, I get it...]

Junkenstein

Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 19, 2014, 02:53:30 AM
(some shit)
I also study the occult and am a superhero.

and am a superhero

Anyone? Anyone at all? Low hanging fruit right here people.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 20, 2014, 12:08:17 AM
(some shit)

and am a superhero

What are you quoting? I think I must have preemptively pledged someone before they even arrived because I can't see who people keep being disappointed by.

Junkenstein

It's 2AM and someone thinks they're a superhero.

I assume pledged was autocorrect for blocked or somesuch. You can't see this:

?
Hi.

I've actually got a lot going on right now but I would love to help out in a bunch of ways.

I do all kinds of stuff with art, none of it professionally.  I don't play music though (a little tambourine and triangle).  I really like to write, mostly fun
   stuff and I am trying to get back into drawrings/painting.  (current projects are PBR design the can 2015 contest and a Lil Bub canvas portrait)

Somehow I've got some woodworking projects going on too. That's sure to be a mess.

I'm also a good "idea" guy. Today's good one involved a very large (10ft or so) inflatable 20 sided die.  I suggested that one of the superfluous uses for this contraption could be as a "beach ball" substitute at concerts/festivals.  If there's a band playing (picture someone fun like phishish) they could beforehand select 20 tracks and place each on a marquee above the crowd, corresponding with a number from 1-20. The crowd hits the die around until it reaches a platform near the stage where the number it settles on is the next song played!  :lulz:

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

JamesStrangefellow

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 20, 2014, 12:54:52 AM
It's 2AM and someone thinks they're a superhero.

I assume pledged was autocorrect for blocked or somesuch. You can't see this:

?
Hi.

I've actually got a lot going on right now but I would love to help out in a bunch of ways.

I do all kinds of stuff with art, none of it professionally.  I don't play music though (a little tambourine and triangle).  I really like to write, mostly fun
   stuff and I am trying to get back into drawrings/painting.  (current projects are PBR design the can 2015 contest and a Lil Bub canvas portrait)

Somehow I've got some woodworking projects going on too. That's sure to be a mess.

I'm also a good "idea" guy. Today's good one involved a very large (10ft or so) inflatable 20 sided die.  I suggested that one of the superfluous uses for this contraption could be as a "beach ball" substitute at concerts/festivals.  If there's a band playing (picture someone fun like phishish) they could beforehand select 20 tracks and place each on a marquee above the crowd, corresponding with a number from 1-20. The crowd hits the die around until it reaches a platform near the stage where the number it settles on is the next song played!  :lulz:

Superheroes don't punch girls (only female supervillians) and we certainly don't punch a clock!

Also sometimes poison-fruit, flesh-eating trees purposely grow fruit low to entice hapless prey.  Watch yo fingas!

JamesStrangefellow

no. what's that about?

minuspace

Watch your self, putrid little thing,
Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 20, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

no. what's that about?
we strike the trunk and let it fall.

JamesStrangefellow

Quote from: LuciferX on May 20, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

no. what's that about?

come closer, it's awfully sunny and that axe looks super heavy!!!!
it's all shady and cool here!

minuspace

Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 21, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

no. what's that about?

We don't chop wood.  We raze planets. 

[I don't know why it took me so long - Little Brittle Fellow!
QuoteFrylock: Give him a hug, Meatwad.

Meatwad: But he smells like lotion and doodoo!

Little Brittle: Come here! Ah! Hey, you–you shot up like a weed. You're, like, man-sized now. Shake my hand like a man. I'm hugging a man, y'all! What brings y'all down to the assisted-living hizzy?

JamesStrangefellow

Quote from: LuciferX on May 21, 2014, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 21, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

no. what's that about?

We don't chop wood.  We raze planets. 

[I don't know why it took me so long - Little Brittle Fellow!
QuoteFrylock: Give him a hug, Meatwad.

Meatwad: But he smells like lotion and doodoo!

Little Brittle: Come here! Ah! Hey, you–you shot up like a weed. You're, like, man-sized now. Shake my hand like a man. I'm hugging a man, y'all! What brings y'all down to the assisted-living hizzy?

c. martin crocker inferred that you might make these odd references.
i gave him a few jokes for the next season and told him about the design the can 2015 pbr contest.
turns out dr weird is his 'bar voice'
the world is just one surprise after another.

Faust

(some shit)

and am a superhero

Never judge a person by their profession. Everyone has to pay the bills somehow, regardless of how crummy might perceive those jobs to be.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

JamesStrangefellow

Quote from: Faust on May 21, 2014, 10:53:40 PM
(some shit)

and am a superhero

Never judge a person by their profession. Everyone has to pay the bills somehow, regardless of how crummy might perceive those jobs to be.

i like doing it a lot.
But yeah, rarely does someone buy you more than a beer.
Maybe a kiss?
that's what i'm working towards.

Meunster

People need people to spread discord?

Sign me up.

How ever, organized discord spreading seems counter intuitive.
Poe's law ;)