News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

The Thread for Intermittens #3: Weirdness

Started by AFK, December 13, 2008, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Yeah, so I'm stepping up to the plate for #3.  I initially had an idea for an edition devoted to Shrapnel, but now I see some buzz around doing a BIP v3.0 with Shrapnel material.  So...we could still go ahead and use that theme anyway and then have Intermittens #3 sort of be a "preview" of BIP 3.0 OR we could do something entirely different.  Basically, I'm volunteering to be the assembler and organizer for this one, but, I would open up the discussions as to WHAT this one should be about.  Suggestions?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

We've had two kind of dense issues, maybe a lighter, sillier theme?

My mind will change a zillion times, but I think the next issue I do (we're looking at February?), I'll go with the theme "The Bathroom Reader" - all submissions less than 300 words. Intent is to be goofy.

brainstorming....
other theme ideas:

Imaginary Adventures
Networks
Chaos
The Weirdest People on Earth
Unlikely Happenings
Horrormirth
Stuff Not Everybody Finds Funny (but we do)

any of those spark the imagination?

Cain

Adventure, Weirdness and 2012 will be a nice counterbalance to the last issue, I think, which was somewhat srs and negative.

Cain

Really stupid question...we do have the board/website URL somewhere on these, right?  I wasn't paying attention before.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2008, 03:05:27 PM
Adventure, Weirdness and 2012 will be a nice counterbalance to the last issue, I think, which was somewhat srs and negative.

I'm sold.

So, this is Intermittens #3 then. 

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 13, 2008, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2008, 03:05:27 PM

I'm sold.

So, this is Intermittens #3 then. 

All of them?  I kinda just meant one...

AFK

Weird Adventure in 2012?

Okay, so how about a central theme of Weirdness.

But, that doesn't rule out bringing the others in under that umbrella. 

Cain

True.  OK, I'll dig out some High Wierdness from the archives.  I've got plenty enough, thats for sure.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2008, 03:08:17 PM
Really stupid question...we do have the board/website URL somewhere on these, right?  I wasn't paying attention before.

I'm archving Intermittens at discoflux.com under the Books heading (don't have issue #2 fully posted yet). Comments can be made on each magazine page though, which might help spur discussions.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Quote from: vexati0n on December 13, 2008, 05:58:00 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2008, 03:08:17 PM

I'm archving Intermittens at discoflux.com under the Books heading (don't have issue #2 fully posted yet). Comments can be made on each magazine page though, which might help spur discussions.

Yeah.  I just wanted to know that, on the off chance people liked it (as with when Manta printed some off) they would know where to go to get more, or, if we got really lucky, wanted to help.

Triple Zero

nop, i just checked, our URL is not in Intermittens#2.

too bad, but i suppose on the bright side, if someone wanted to know more, given the magazine, we're not that hard to find via a simple google search.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

True, I just like making things easier for such people.

Anway, ideas for topics

Fortean happenings
Quantum mechanics
Strange and interesting people
Rants/writings on wierdness ("the coming weird times" etc)

Anything else?

AFK

I think we should have a funnies page.  Maybe put in one or two of the WOMP-comics.  OR make entirely new ones for this edition.  I also have a couple of ideas for "ads" that I'll work up.  Anyway, I'll probably pretty much be out of touch for the rest of the weekend, so keep the discussions going and put anything here you think appropriate or PM me ideas, or whatever. 

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.