News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

What if there were no clouds?

Started by AFK, October 05, 2009, 06:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliginos Gnosticos

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2009, 07:50:14 PM
Screw you guys.  Wonder is any time you consciously look for it.

If you aren't looking for it, whose fault is that?

LMNO
-belligerent optimist.

Actually, that would be my fault. I've been secretly stealing all the wonder and subliminally discouraging everyone from looking for it. It's all part of my plan for world domination.
I found Eris dancing atop the hill, hair the color of spring rainbows, eyes the color of a hippy commune seen through a kaleidoscope, laughing with a sweet, gentle voice like the sound of bells recorded on a warped record and played back on an over-wound Victrola.
   "My Goddess, why do you laugh?" I asked.
   "Why do you not?" She asked in return.
   "Because life is difficult. The world is not a friendly place." I replied.
   "My poor child. I am your Goddess, and My love for you is without bounds." She giggled "Hear my words and find comfort and wisdom: Laugh in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh with you. Cry in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh at you."
   And I heard Her words and laughed.

The One Right and True Cabal of the Sacred Sock Monkey

Visit The Sock Monkey Cabal Discordian Library

LMNO

Payne

LMNO

Roaring Biscuit!

When we grew up, the sky was empty.  So we looked down, we looked at the mud and the grass and the streams that cut our countires into pieces.  We studied them like they were the most wonderful things the world had to offer.  And we always had wonder.

We looked down with such fascination that as we approached adulthood we developed a hunched back, and as we obsessed more and more over what was below us, the mud we walked on every day, our imaginations developed a hunched back too.  We could never imagine anything beyond the world that our we had in front of us, we tried of course, but there was only so much we could do with our experiences, we were a trapped in a birdseye view, our minds had become so limited, we couldn't even imagine looking up any more.  Who would ever want to look at that plain, empty sky, anway?

As we grew old and the world grew tired, Mother Earth let out her one last dying breath, a lonesome cloud floating across an empty sky.  And one young boy looked up in wonder, while the rest of us stared at the ground, with sullen tired eyes, a silent betrayal of our boredom.

The boy never looked down again, for who would ever want to look at that tired old earth?

-----------

?

x

edd