News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

The Right Moustache: A Story for Children

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 20, 2009, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sorry, guys: I'm removing everything that I am submitting for publication. Not to be a jerk, just to cover my ass.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My friend is illustrating it (each paragraph is a page) and we are going to send it to publishers, for the purpose of collecting rejection letters.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks! We are going to start with the Most Serious and Prestigious of children's book publishers, and work our way down to some Christian ones. We are also going to include cover letters that explain how the book is educational and helpful, with phrasing such as "A timely contemporary work that embraces a gritty reality. Showing the single mother's quest for love through a child's eyes: One woman's courageous journey through heartbreak, rediscovering her strength, and finding new love, as told by her young child" and other such horrific shit.

We're thinking about having the wall of rejection letters in the kitchen.

Brotep

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

What if a letter comes back and it isn't a rejection letter?

NIGEL BE FAMUSS THEN.  :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 21, 2009, 03:24:35 AM
What if a letter comes back and it isn't a rejection letter?

NIGEL BE FAMUSS THEN.  :D

Haha, that would be funny!

One of the gardening clients I used to work for when I was assisting my gardener friend (god I miss those days. I hope she needs help this summer) is a successful children's book author. She's RICH RICH RICH, all off children books.

I suspect hers are rather more wholesome. If I could make a living selling the horrible children's stories I write in my head, I'd do it in a hot second.

My gardener friend is funny, because she's kind of worked herself into a niche as gardener for Portland's rich and famous, which makes most of my brush-with-greatness stories hilariously disconnected. I've pulled the weeds and peed in the bathrooms (and yards) of fame, but I've never met most of them.

NotPublished

Your a character I love you.

I hope you recieve many rejection letters.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jenne

:mittens:  Awesome tale, even though you paid a high price in the writing of it.

Richter

I like this, but it makes me want to eat a hollowpoint reading it.  I also saw "Martyrs" this weekends, and am still prcessing it, which may be tinting my view a bit.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Darth Cupcake

I want to see this actually become a published children's book. I'd buy it.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Elder Iptuous

Have you actually made those posters yet?
if so, i would very much like to see it...