News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on April 10, 2014, 08:25:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 10, 2014, 08:20:21 PM
It's only murder if they find a body.

What?  I occasionally like to spout random facts about the legal system.
Not here.
Wait, you can get convicted for killing someone who isn't dead at all but merely buggered off to Istanbul?
How about murdering fictional characters?

Yeah, and people have thereafter shown up and here's someone rotting in prison.

FUN FACT ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM:  Just because someone else is found to have committed the crime and is convicted OR the guy was never murdered in the first place DOES NOT mean an automatic out for the poor bastard who was falsely convicted.  In fact, in at least one case that I know of, the DA fought the overturning of a conviction along those lines.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 08:29:19 PM

Not here.
Wait, you can get convicted for killing someone who isn't dead at all but merely buggered off to Istanbul?

FUN FACT ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM:  Just because someone else is found to have committed the crime and is convicted OR the guy was never murdered in the first place DOES NOT mean an automatic out for the poor bastard who was falsely convicted.  In fact, in at least one case that I know of, the DA fought the overturning of a conviction along those lines.
I offer my condolences to you and your countrymen.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on April 10, 2014, 08:32:45 PM

Not here.

We're mildy brain damaged, so we mostly don't notice this sort of shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 08:38:41 PM

Not here.

Heh, we aren't exactly sane either:
The average voter for our currently biggest political party PVV says "All Morrocans should go back to Istanbul!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjhxlHCvTLc
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on April 10, 2014, 08:46:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 08:38:41 PM

Not here.

Heh, we aren't exactly sane either:
The average voter for our currently biggest political party PVV says "All Morrocans should go back to Istanbul!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjhxlHCvTLc

:um:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 06:20:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 05:04:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 04:40:50 PM
It's so weird because I was wildly successful and the first to own a house and have kids and all the other trappings of adulthood in my 20's and 30's, and now it's like I've regressed and am doing the poor broke shit that they did while I was doing the glass artist thing. Probably some kind of poetic justice in there.

Dunno.  You're rebooting, which I find interesting as all hell (though I am not suggesting that it is easy, fun, or designed to interest me or anyone else).  I've done that before, but never in such an all-encompassing way...And certainly never with a raft of dependents.

You won't be sitting around at age 80, cursing yourself for having wasted your life.  That might not be important to you, but to me, it's my greatest fear.

I hope to still be working at 80, doing research and giving interviews. That's my American dream.  :lol:

I want to someday be a line of trivia; "Did you know that Dr. Nigel didn't start college until she was 40 years old?"

"Noble Prize winning researcher and convicted serial flenser Dr Nigel did not begin her academic career until she was 40 years old.  She was some sort of artist before that, but frankly, we were afraid to ask, on account of what happened to Bob over at NBC."

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

George RR Martin is in sooooo much trouble...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on April 10, 2014, 08:08:15 PM
The Boy's mom has a drunk, heavily armed stalker!

He was watching me as I spent the day at her place taking care of The Boy!

I would like to apply a crowbar to this situation until there is no situation. Or recognizable face!

The place you live is horrible.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just found out that my PSU bill for 5 credits is more than $2k.

I guess I'm selling my car.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hirley0

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 09:23:51 PM

girl ? have U even gone in to talk to Ruth????/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hirley0 on April 10, 2014, 10:50:31 PM

No, who's Ruth?

minuspace

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: hirley0 on April 10, 2014, 10:50:31 PM

Talk To Ruth, or swap thing?
No, who's Ruth?

Pæs

Gah, sorry to hear that, Nigel.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on April 10, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

Gah, sorry to hear that, Nigel.

It was a bit of a shocker.

I'll be over here in a fetal position if anyone needs me.