News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

The Tale of Chaminade

Started by Kansai, December 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansai

I'm not familiar with Hyperbole and a Half.  Send a link of it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kansai

Hahaha.  I'm reading "The Year Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas".  It's very entertaining.  Thank you for the link and sorry for the gender mixup.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 01:40:39 PM
It's not my fault that you decided to read it.  Besides, I'm just emphasizing the Discord in discordia with this.  You shouldn't have problems with a random person posting random stuff on a site meant for zaniness in the first place.  To put it simply, if you can't handle things which are illogical, then why do you bother logging onto this site to begin with?  That's like a homophobic attending a gay pride parade and barking at one guy for being queer.  "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" as they would say.

To answer your question of why this was posted, I was requested by my predecessor of this account.  Seeing as you all seem to appear in the same chatrooms as him, it's almost as if he wanted me to post this story just so I could get slammed by the online community.  On the other hand, I was anticipating such criticism (as ineffectual and repetitive as they are).  For that reason, I'm not irritated by anyone's comments.  I still need to ask the guy why he thought I should post this.  To be honest, I was reluctant to use an account on here, though he insisted that I take this one.  Oh, well.  To each their own, I guess.
:lulz:

You actually think that this site is about illogical bullshit? Really? Have you fucking read anything here? Hey man, I've been a Discordian my entire adult life, and I will tell you I never thought shit like this was funny or cool or anything like that. I log into this site, because this is one of the very few places that I can find people who are my intellectual equals, and half of them are my superiors. I have lots of common interests with them. Also, fuck you,  I take offense to your use of the word "queer". Blaming someone else for your own actions is the absolute worst thing you can do. In conclusion, go soak your head in a bucket three times, and remove it twice. It will solve your problems.

Kansai

I'm halfway through the story, but I have to put a pause on it.  I have to prepare for a party.  I'll finish it later. 
As for you, Doktor Phox.  I'm not sure what "The Tale of Chaminade" has to do with intellectual stimulation.  From your latest response, you act as if you were being forced to read my work.  I am sorry that you feel offended by my analogy, but it was not intended to target homosexuals in particular (i.e. I'm not homophobic).  If you are, however, interested in more sophisticated dialects, then I would be more than happy to obliged.  However, we should discuss on a more... related thread for whatever you wish to talk about. 

For everyone who's heard my responses, I have been acting like a prick (noticing this when you pointed it out) since I've had bad experiences with online communities.  I'm a bit of a philosopher and critical thinker, but I don't prefer to reveal that trait too often.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Reveal it or GTFO.

Seriously, though, this place is not about pretense, babble, "zaniness", or any such twatwafflery. It's mostly about philosophy and social hacking.

Kansai

Very well, then.  It is clear to me now that my short bursts of crazy are not sufficient enough for this audience.  I shall come up with something more palatable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, quit whining about people's critique of your writing. You put it out there, and people have free time to read it. It's going to get criticized if you put it out there, so I recommend next time putting some thought and effort into a piece before you post it, and then putting on your big-girl panties and learning how to take criticism.

This forum contains a lot of serious thinkers and writers, including a couple of book authors, and many people do put a great deal of work into their writings, so a bit more is expected of contributors than you might find at other forums. best foot forward and all that.

Phox

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 09:18:49 PM
I'm halfway through the story, but I have to put a pause on it.  I have to prepare for a party.  I'll finish it later. 
As for you, Doktor Phox.  I'm not sure what "The Tale of Chaminade" has to do with intellectual stimulation.  From your latest response, you act as if you were being forced to read my work.  I am sorry that you feel offended by my analogy, but it was not intended to target homosexuals in particular (i.e. I'm not homophobic).  If you are, however, interested in more sophisticated dialects, then I would be more than happy to obliged.  However, we should discuss on a more... related thread for whatever you wish to talk about. 

For everyone who's heard my responses, I have been acting like a prick (noticing this when you pointed it out) since I've had bad experiences with online communities.  I'm a bit of a philosopher and critical thinker, but I don't prefer to reveal that trait too often.

Yes. Because I come here for intellectual stimulation, I don't get to be pissed off over something that has no intellectual value on my PD. That's logical. When you say "forced to read", that's a bit much. "Forced to bash my brains out with a hammer in order to understand" is slightly more accurate. Perhaps you should think before you type, unless that's too difficult. It's painfully obvious you have no idea whom you are addressing.

Phox

Also, Phox is an insufferable cunt.

Kansai

I don't think Phox is a cunt.  I'm just over-defensive on criticism.  So, Phox, I noticed you're a Dr. Horrible fan by your signature.  Would you believe I had to watch it in my English Composition class?  Good times.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

May I recommend that you go to Bring and Brag and read through some of the other work there? You might like it, and also start to get a better handle on where the bar is set.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Phox

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 09:33:06 PM
I don't think Phox is a cunt.  I'm just over-defensive on criticism.  So, Phox, I noticed you're a Dr. Horrible fan by your signature.  Would you believe I had to watch it in my English Composition class?  Good times.

Phox is a cunt. You're lucky she was the one here, though. Roger and ECH are horrible cunts. And, everyone should be made to watch Dr. Horrible. It reveals the Horrible TruthTM.