News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Mexico: FAIL thread

Started by The Johnny, November 11, 2009, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Most families live on a $461-ish salary each month.

Im sure everyone in the USA pays tons of more rent, but other than that i dont think prices vary for things, technology might even be cheaper, for most of it here is imported.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quotehttp://www.eluniversal.com.mx/primera/34143.html

The decapitaded bodies of two brothers, thrown from a plane in a locality at the south of Sonora, and the death, 2 hours later of Arturo Beltràn Leyva and 6 of his guards, in a department complex of Cuernavaca, became the most violent day, with a total of 64 homicides.

The war on organized crime, declared by Felipe Calderòn came up mid february with 15,507 victims, according to state records.

15,500 dead since january 2008 until december 2009 (so far).
The place where that cartel leader got killed is about 30-40 minutes away from where i live  :horrormirth:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War Further information of the conflict, it upscaled in 2008)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/650679.html

Thursday:

-A dismembered body, with his face sewed into a soccer ball.

Friday:

-A body appeared in the middle of the street with head and hands cut off, with a message.
-Another body was found, with cercenated head, with eyes gouged off.
-Two women dead found in an abandoned field.
-A body with legs cut off.
-A cyclist got shot and killed.
-Five motorists shot and killed.
-Three dead at a shootout in a fast food restaurant near a school.

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

I gotta hand it to you, your thin-veneer-of-tourist-worthy-beauty-covering-a-cesspool-of-corruption-and-violence homeland sounds even more fucked up than mine.

kinda makes me want to come visit, but since there's no way I could pass as a native I much appreciate your posts which allow me to investigate this sort of thing vicariously.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Johnny

This happened in Juarez, Sonora.

Never, EVER, go there.

If you stay out of the terror zones, youd be fine, everyone is a "malinchista" that loves foreigners more than their co-nationals.

-B.F. Skinner

Nast

Quote from: JohNyx on January 09, 2010, 08:43:43 PM

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/650679.html

Thursday:

-A dismembered body, with his face sewed into a soccer ball.

Friday:

-A body appeared in the middle of the street with head and hands cut off, with a message.
-Another body was found, with cercenated head, with eyes gouged off.
-Two women dead found in an abandoned field.
-A body with legs cut off.
-A cyclist got shot and killed.
-Five motorists shot and killed.
-Three dead at a shootout in a fast food restaurant near a school.

:vom:

Especially the face sewn onto a soccer ball. Jesus!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

The Mexican Drug War really is a barrel of laughs.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: JohNyx on January 09, 2010, 09:38:15 PM

This happened in Juarez, Sonora.

Never, EVER, go there.

If you stay out of the terror zones, youd be fine, everyone is a "malinchista" that loves foreigners more than their co-nationals.

heh. I'm from St. Thomas, USVI (aka America's dirty little secret), which has some of the worst and most violent slums in the western hemisphere. Growing up in a place like that has jaded me quite a bit. I've lived in Detroit and East LA and while they weren't any place I'd take a nice girl on a date, I never saw what all the fuss was about. I always thought of myself as harder than the places that were supposed to be hard.

About 10 years ago, I got stuck in El Paso for a day and decided to wander across the border to get some "authenticity" (whatever that means), and some food (since everything in El P was closed on sunday morning).

I got about 12 blocks into Juarez before I turned and ran back to the footbridge like a scared little bitch, about 3 steps ahead of a pack of 10 year-olds that I overheard planning to murder me for my clothes and shoes.

so yeah, Juarez is as fucked-up a place as I've ever seen and I have seen some places that would make most Americans weep.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: indigoblade on December 03, 2009, 04:56:27 AM
why are you guys so worried...the seeds of new romes fall have already been planted...like in the fifties.
as was said by some guy, this too shall pass...just like a kidney stone.

... because as fun as it might be in abstract, especially to little punks with nothing to lose but their own hides, people who actually have to live through it, well, they have to LIVE through it, and they might not. Or they might, but experience great hardship, and see people they care about die.

Funny, how people seem to have a problem with that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: indigoblade on December 03, 2009, 04:56:27 AM
why are you guys so worried...the seeds of new romes fall have already been planted...like in the fifties.
as was said by some guy, this too shall pass...just like a kidney stone.

... because as fun as it might be in abstract, especially to little punks with nothing to lose but their own hides, people who actually have to live through it, well, they have to LIVE through it, and they might not. Or they might, but experience great hardship, and see people they care about die.

Funny, how people seem to have a problem with that.

THIS

As self-satisfying as it is to get on one's high horse and preach about society's" well-deserved" downfall, that sort of attitude is immature and insensitive to all the human suffering that a collapse entails.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

I mean, look at Somalia. How many anarchists would like to live there?

The Johnny

Some asshole spat into my eye, thru a window, right when i was leaving the metro station in a wagon.

Lucky me, my periphereal vision and reflexes managed to close my eyelid on time.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/columnas/81755.html

$2,000 million have been assigned to build a touristic trolley in the Zócalo zone in Distrito Federal.

Nevermind the Metro of course!

The project was sketched during these vacations time, in deep obscurity; the "free" (data)Base of Licitations only gave up the information after payment of $730 (which for the average person is about 2 months salary worth).

Nevermind anyone, except my contractor friends!

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Over the course of last month and a half, some people have three times...

called my grandmother, first person posing as a young male, screaming for help, and the second person asking for ransom money...

a slight twist of the "express kidnap" technique.

-B.F. Skinner

Jenne

Quote from: JohNyx on January 22, 2010, 06:44:47 PM

Over the course of last month and a half, some people have three times...

called my grandmother, first person posing as a young male, screaming for help, and the second person asking for ransom money...

a slight twist of the "express kidnap" technique.

Ugh, youre poor grandmother.  :(