Prison Bans Books and Disco Pickle Learns a Lesson

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, May 11, 2011, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

US prison bans all books – except The Bible

A jail in the US state of South Carolina has banned all book and reading materials except for the Christian Bible. Critics argue there is simply no good reason to ban books.

The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit arguing the Berkeley County detention center's policy is unconstitutional.

"Our inmates are only allowed to receive soft back bibles in the mail directly from the publisher. They are not allowed to have magazines, newspapers, or any other type of books," a prison employee once said in an email to Prison Legal News, who is also working to sue alongside the ACLU.

"Prisoners who are incarcerated for extended periods of time have been deprived of access to magazines, newspapers and books – other than the Bible – for months or even years on end," noted the ACLU.

https://rt.com/usa/news/us-prison-bans-books/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

So what happens if a Jewish guy gets incarcerated?

Yeah, that's right.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Anna Mae Bollocks

Also, BTW, aren't they still supposed to have legal access to a law library?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is so massively fucked up. It's cruelty.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2011, 06:21:26 PM

You're SO 20th century, Stella.

This is the New America™.  If they weren't guilty, they wouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 11, 2011, 06:07:08 PM
So what happens if a Jewish guy gets incarcerated?

Yeah, that's right.

what better place than prison to finally accept jesus christ as your lord and savior?   :lulz:
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Succulent Plant

Why would prisoners need to be educate themselves about anything except TEH LOARD JEZUS!

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Aloe on May 11, 2011, 06:28:43 PM

Why would prisoners need to be educate themselves about anything except TEH LOARD JEZUS!

Because God forbid they learn any sort of occupational skill while in prison.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

The Good Reverend Roger

Here's why:  Because keeping them in the system, or bringing them back shortly after they leave, means they can be whored out to call centers, etc, for pennies a day.

So allowing them to relax or learn something doesn't help the bottom line.

That's really all there is to it, and they can certainly rely on the hair-shirt punishment crowd to back them on this.

Cain

I dunno...they could become priests, and replace all the ones being put inside for child abuse.

We'd also get a better class of criminal priest.  "So your pastor touched you up.  Mine killed three people and ate their raw hearts".

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 11, 2011, 06:25:14 PM

You're SO 20th century, Stella.

This is the New America™.  If they weren't guilty, they wouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

Amen, Reverend. I am surprised some people still think Americans have rights.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2011, 06:34:36 PM
I dunno...they could become priests, and replace all the ones being put inside for child abuse.

We'd also get a better class of criminal priest.  "So your pastor touched you up.  Mine killed three people and ate their raw hearts".

Post of the fucking day.  :lulz:

*GrumpButt*

*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Also note the banning of Newspapers. Who needs to keep up on current events?