News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2014, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 30, 2014, 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2014, 06:16:51 PM
....And I've just stabbed my other thumb with a name label pin.  I'm pretty sure I hit the bone.

What's got two thumbs and goes "argh" when trying to do the "who's got two thumbs and somethingorother" gag-

Argh!

Dude! What's the deal with you and your thumbs?

They're the source of all our ills.  Once they became opposable, everything went to shit.

Arg, I supposed well, now that they're opposable, at least I stand an Abel chance at not being just opposed :lulz:

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2014, 05:08:52 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 27, 2014, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2014, 04:52:25 PM
Quote from: The Suu on August 27, 2014, 04:14:53 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 27, 2014, 02:25:12 PM
My old home tops the list of safest places to drive...Boston bottoms:

http://www.allstate.com/resources/Allstate/attachments/tools-and-resources/ABD-Report-2014.pdf

Portland comes in the lower quarter (177 out of 200). I have contributed to that.

This isn't news for anyone who lives in New England. I take my life into my own hands every time I get behind the wheel.

That's because You People are all CRAZY.  I have been there twice, and I wouldn't trust ANY of you bastards with anything more than one of those Shriner cars.

You're just not SERIOUS about having a good time.

I almost got run over at the train station.  Not in the street by the train station.  I was at the train station, safely on the sidewalk (ha HAha hahahahaHAHAHAHA), and damn near got squished.

Welcome to Texas!

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I am now a great uncle, as my niece delivered something this morning.  I find this to be very inconsiderate, as I remember my great uncles as being fantastically old men who would have been about...um...45 when I was born.

It's still bullshit.

Anyway, say hello to Ailie Victoria, who seems less than amused by the whole turn of events.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2014, 05:06:35 AM
Well, I am now a great uncle, as my niece delivered something this morning.  I find this to be very inconsiderate, as I remember my great uncles as being fantastically old men who would have been about...um...45 when I was born.

It's still bullshit.

Anyway, say hello to Ailie Victoria, who seems less than amused by the whole turn of events.

Wow, congrats! She's already mastered the "Yeah, so what?" expression. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

That baby looks nothing like Churchill.  I'd get your niece to demand her money back.

Bleh.  Had to do some emergency last-minute edits and additions to my Parliamentary submission.  Literally just sent them a moment ago...hopefully, not too late for the deadline.  If not, the previous draft should suffice...apparently, they wanted citations.  Parliament wants evidence?  Who knew?

Anyway, it's done.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2014, 11:16:44 AM
That baby looks nothing like Churchill.  I'd get your niece to demand her money back.

I think the baby and I are in agreement that the whole thing was a bad idea.

Also, Churchill is stage 2.  For about a week and a half, they resemble lizards of some sort.  THEN Churchill.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on September 01, 2014, 06:16:11 AM
Wow, congrats! She's already mastered the "Yeah, so what?" expression. :P

I think that's the "I'm cold out here, must formulate plan to get back to base" look.

And thanks.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 22, 2014, 10:35:40 PM
Grills are really finicky. Is there a problem with the oven?

Yes, there wasn't one.  It came out okay in the end and was delicious. 

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 30, 2014, 07:18:59 PM
Just a few more weeks.

My ex told me he is going around telling people that the other night, when I went to the kitchen for some ice and he was standing in there naked, I looked at him like he was going to rape me. And how insensitive that makes me.

I have no idea what night this was supppsed to be. When he told me this is what he was telling others it led to a very stupid discussion wherein I said I didn't think he'd do that and he replied by asking me what was wrong with him disrespecting my boundaries if I wasn't worried about rape.

I told him he was seriously fucked up and needed therapy. Then he asked if we were still friends. I left.

Later, I asked my roommate about the convo since he said he told her. She says that convo never happened.

So he is making stuff up to talk to me about rape.

Good to know.

What the shit?   :eek:

Freeky

I am looking for a new laptop for school.  There are too many options, and I can't even anymore.

Some suggestions would be appreciated.  I need Microsoft Office to run on it, it needs to be hard-wearing, and multiple CPU eating tasks have to run on it at the same time without it going HRRGRK.

Suu

I got this alert this weekend:

" On August 29, 2014 at approximately 5:00 pm, a female UNH student reported that at 1:45 am on Garrison Avenue in the area Strafford Avenue and Madbury Road, 3 white males described as ?military looking? pulled up to her in a tan 4 door sedan with South Carolina plates, 2 of the males got out of the vehicle and tried talking the female student into going with them. The males took the female student by the arm and tried moving her to the vehicle. The males opened the trunk of the vehicle trying to get the female into the trunk. Some male friends of the female student came along and the male suspects got back in the vehicle and left area. The female student was not injured. "

Gonna be a hell of a fucking semester.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 01, 2014, 10:39:35 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 30, 2014, 07:18:59 PM
Just a few more weeks.

My ex told me he is going around telling people that the other night, when I went to the kitchen for some ice and he was standing in there naked, I looked at him like he was going to rape me. And how insensitive that makes me.

I have no idea what night this was supppsed to be. When he told me this is what he was telling others it led to a very stupid discussion wherein I said I didn't think he'd do that and he replied by asking me what was wrong with him disrespecting my boundaries if I wasn't worried about rape.

I told him he was seriously fucked up and needed therapy. Then he asked if we were still friends. I left.

Later, I asked my roommate about the convo since he said he told her. She says that convo never happened.

So he is making stuff up to talk to me about rape.

Good to know.

What the shit?   :eek:

The fun never stops! He's going to Texas for two weeks, in theory to talk to a chronic illness advocate he knows from the intarnets. Which makes no sense since they talk online. I think something else is up but I don't care, he'll be gone.

So enjoy with that, you Texas PD-ers. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Suu on September 02, 2014, 01:54:44 AM
I got this alert this weekend:

" On August 29, 2014 at approximately 5:00 pm, a female UNH student reported that at 1:45 am on Garrison Avenue in the area Strafford Avenue and Madbury Road, 3 white males described as ?military looking? pulled up to her in a tan 4 door sedan with South Carolina plates, 2 of the males got out of the vehicle and tried talking the female student into going with them. The males took the female student by the arm and tried moving her to the vehicle. The males opened the trunk of the vehicle trying to get the female into the trunk. Some male friends of the female student came along and the male suspects got back in the vehicle and left area. The female student was not injured. "

Gonna be a hell of a fucking semester.

That's less of an alert and more "Attempted kidnapping". I'm guessing fuck all gets done until someone shows up dead.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 01, 2014, 10:43:57 PM
I am looking for a new laptop for school.  There are too many options, and I can't even anymore.

Some suggestions would be appreciated.  I need Microsoft Office to run on it, it needs to be hard-wearing, and multiple CPU eating tasks have to run on it at the same time without it going HRRGRK.

Anything by Samsung or Toshiba.  Ideally you want 4 gig of RAM, at least an intel core i5 processor and, if your preferences run that way, Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8.

You should be able to score a fairly cheap laptop with those specs, which will work exceptionally well as an all purpose web browser and word processing laptop. 

Mine is similar to that (slightly more RAM, two rather than one integrated graphics card, Samsung, Windows 7) and I can run Windows Media Player, have 20 tabs open on Firefox, have Word open, have uTorrent open, have Microsoft Security, Steam and Origin running in the background, and have no discernible notice on the laptop itself.