News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Tennessee judge won't let parents name their child "messiah".

Started by Bruno, August 12, 2013, 06:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 15, 2013, 01:39:10 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 12, 2013, 05:31:45 PM
If anything kids will make fun of another kid's name if it can be mocked with a similar sounding word. The name itself isn't what causes the mocking, it's just a means to do so.

THIS! When I was at primary school my name was (and still is) normal and boring as fuck. So the mean kids would tant me with shit that rhymed and try and piss me off that way. It didn't piss me off but I'd beat the shit out them anyway since they'd obviously gone to all the effort and it seemed rude not to.

I'm with Junkenstein. The only real thing I learned at school, that I couldn't have picked up on my own was - violence is the only 100% effective form of communication :lulz:
I had a similar time at highschool, except it took a decade before i got good at hurting people.

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 12, 2013, 04:08:32 PM
So they're forced to pick on each other for other reasons, which, of course, they do.
This is truth.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Golden Applesauce

The people at the school I'm working with tell me they have more than one child named "Messiah" and nothing unusually bad seems to happen to them.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Johnny

Well, all the hippy names went thru, if stuff like RainbowPrairieRiver are valid...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Weird that they're making him take the father's last name but whatever.

Also that's a really cute baby.

And Judge Ballew is a shitbean for putting the parents through this bullshit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."