News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Strange Times Pamphlet

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 17, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Check it out here: http://imgur.com/aRJvLnD,ajAO6tZ

Text is The Strange Times from Et Cetera Discordia, unattributed. I had SOOOOO much fun putting together the layout, I have like a dozen new dings fonts I get to play with! PDF (with outlines, because fonts won't embed) available upon request.

You can print these out double sided or print two sheets and glue 'em together. Fold in half and hand them out to passers by, or leave them places they're likely to be found. Enjoy!

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Cool! I can't find the pope reference that is referred to. Or am i missing something?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: :regret: on December 02, 2013, 12:27:19 PM
Cool! I can't find the pope reference that is referred to. Or am i missing something?

After "We think it's best to laugh" in italics. Unless you mean the part in the text and then it's next to "STAR WARS."

Cramulus

Oh shit! This is fucking bad ass testicle!

:mittens: Gojira, for the svelte layout on that piece.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm glad you like!

For the font nerds in the audience, the main body text is Highway Gothic, the font that's used in American road signs. It's being replaced with Clearview, a font specifically designed and tested to improve legibility over long distances and at night to reduce accidents caused by drivers making late lane changes. To me, nothing better embodies the spirit of the weirdness that is the modern day than people looking at the road signs that have existed unchallenged for 50 years and going "instead of making these bigger, why don't we just change the fucking font?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 03, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
I'm glad you like!

For the font nerds in the audience, the main body text is Highway Gothic, the font that's used in American road signs. It's being replaced with Clearview, a font specifically designed and tested to improve legibility over long distances and at night to reduce accidents caused by drivers making late lane changes. To me, nothing better embodies the spirit of the weirdness that is the modern day than people looking at the road signs that have existed unchallenged for 50 years and going "instead of making these bigger, why don't we just change the fucking font?"

BUT NOT ARIEL. 

Don't question it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 03:02:25 AM
I'm glad you like!

BUT NOT ARIEL. 

Don't question it.

:?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 03, 2013, 03:13:35 AM
I'm glad you like!

BUT NOT ARIEL. 

Don't question it.

Ancient PD history.  Ariel causes brain bubbles.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hirley0

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 03:14:36 AM
I'm glad font nerd
BUT NOT ARIEL.  Don't question it.

then again i do NOT trust my conclusions at all.
Take today's for example five times so far,
right there in front of my eyes
i managed to get #1 / later saw the cam was still set to DST :fnord: :fnord:   :fnord:
must have not pushed the button hard enough on 2 {nothing
correct datte 3 turned out but it was close to an edge?|<ad 170

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hirley0 on December 03, 2013, 08:48:47 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 03:14:36 AM
I'm glad font nerd
BUT NOT ARIEL.  Don't question it.

then again i do NOT trust my conclusions at all.
Take today's for example five times so far,
right there in front of my eyes
i managed to get #1 / later saw the cam was still set to DST :fnord: :fnord:   :fnord:
must have not pushed the button hard enough on 2 {nothing
correct datte 3 turned out but it was close to an edge?|<ad 170

Hirley0, I never trust my eyes, either.  They make me do stupid things.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'm glad you like!

Clearview actually also addresses a glare problem called halation that occurs with illuminated reflective material at night.

Simply making the existing typeface larger would mean that signs no longer fit into many places, would increase the cost of replacement, and does little to help with halation.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Q. G. Pennyworth

Strange Times pdf, with outlines because omg too many fonts.

Also bamp.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."