News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Attn: denizens of the western european archipelago and others who go there

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, November 16, 2012, 11:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

So- one of the things that i want to do for 2013 is to return to ireland and uk for fun. Obviously id have to visit connemara and spend time with gramps and maybe liverpool with dad if he decides not to go to connemara at the same time but i figure if i go for ten to twelve days i can work some spaggotry in there. It would be several months from now obviously but id probably be better off planning it before the year is up.

So who would be interested in meeting up with me what general areas would work best and what times are best/worst?

I know some folks are planning on coming to the northeast as well so ill have to remain in new england during those times but ill factor that in as well.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain

School holidays are best for me, though this coming summer might be a bit funny, as I'm moving apartment, and looking at spending a fair bit of time in Italy.  But nothing is set in stone...yet.  Also London area is best, though if you're here in July and August (the summer holidays) it wouldn't matter too much.

Nephew Twiddleton

Looks like spring break for me is march 18-24. Im a bit reluctant to go to ireland right after st pats and that is a bit sooner. But if i do go then i might start by landing in heathrow instead of shannon. I do only have classes on fri and sat so that could work if i just skip one week. And astronomy is an online course. Looks like theres nothing schoolwise between may 19 and jun 1 (which is finals and commencemnt). Otherwise july looks good. My birthay is aug 6 so that first week is probably out.

Nephew Twiddleton

Now that i think of it though it makes more sense to fly to london first. Better to visit family when theres less money in your pocket.

Lenin McCarthy

I have very little planned for July/August, and cheap plane tickets to the UK/Ireland from Norway are plentiful, so if you decide to cross the pond around that time I might come over and say hi, Twid. Whether it's London, Liverpool, Dublin is not a big deal for me.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: McCarthyesque Leninist on November 17, 2012, 01:32:09 AM
I have very little planned for July/August, and cheap plane tickets to the UK/Ireland from Norway are plentiful, so if you decide to cross the pond around that time I might come over and say hi, Twid. Whether it's London, Liverpool, Dublin is not a big deal for me.

Coolness. I'll definitely be going to London- aside from it being easy for Cain, I've only been to London once, and that was only for a couple of hours before catching a bus to Liverpool. So yeah, I was in one of the coolest cities in the world and didn't see a damn thing.

Meeting any Discordians in Liverpool is probably a no-go. Dad's the only reason I'd go there (if he decided not to visit Ireland) and he's got a few screws loose.

As far as Ireland goes, as it stands, I probably won't be going to Dublin- Cork City and Galway City are more likely. Unless we have a Dubliner here?

Nephew Twiddleton

This is one of those times where I hate the spherical nature of planet Earth.

Twid,
11:10 pm Friday in Boston
4:10 am Saturday Ireland/England
5:10 am Saturday in Norway/Central Europe
Who the fuck cares in Russia

Pope Pixie Pickle

I'll try and talk Payne into coming to London. He hates it there. I'm ambivalent about the place myself.

I'd offer my place to crash, but I'm not sure who new housemate will be yet, the one i have lined up has a daughter who may be using the spare room for visitations and stuff.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im not opposed to traveling up to you guys. And dont worry about the crash space- if theres a b and b then i can get my full breakfast on. :banana:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 17, 2012, 06:00:45 PM
Im not opposed to traveling up to you guys. And dont worry about the crash space- if theres a b and b then i can get my full breakfast on. :banana:
Up? Don't you mean down? we lives onna south coast, innit.

But at my house I also make fried soda bread and fried potato bread, dude. I'll even throw in some black pudding. Eh, if you come down to Southampton, I'll make that for you anyway at some point. I'll even get some Chef's sauce. I use the good quality link sausages too.

Ulster fry in mah house (sometimes I add Scottish square sausage, for Payne and to substitute for black pudding as I DO NOT WANT!)

Nephew Twiddleton

Whoops... Down yes.

Bloods not your type of breakfast food i take it? :lulz:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 18, 2012, 12:46:37 AM
Whoops... Down yes.

Bloods not your type of breakfast food i take it? :lulz:

Nope. I'd rather have fried slices of haggis. mmmm haggis.

Nephew Twiddleton

I hear mixed things about the haggis. Theres a scottish restaurant in my previous neighborhood. Im tempted to head there on either the 30th or burns night.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 18, 2012, 01:06:29 AM
I hear mixed things about the haggis. Theres a scottish restaurant in my previous neighborhood. Im tempted to head there on either the 30th or burns night.

Burns Night, fo' sho.

We do Burns Night since Payne moved to England.