News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2012, 09:51:20 AM
Also, remember all those dopes cheering on the Burmese Buddhists for "taking on" the junta in early 2008?

Yup.  Nothing more than a factional power struggle, like I said at the time.  Not only that, religious extremists and reactionaries managed to get adoring human rights champions, who they would likely sentence to death, to back them.  Western liberals got played, again!

I think it's long past time that Western liberals gave up the fairy tale of Buddhism being "that one religion that doesn't spawn fundamentalist assholes, so it's okay."

This is some seriously fucked shit.

Cain

Polish assassination plot foiled

http://news.sky.com/story/1014078/poland-foils-bomb-plot-on-president-and-pm

QuoteMr Tusk described him as being "fascinated by Breivik", referring to mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, a far-right fanatic who massacred 77 people in a bombing and shooting frenzy in Norway in July last year.

"In Norway nobody had imagined they had a Breivik in their midst," he added.

In a statement, prosecutors said the suspect was "motivated by his negative view of the current socio-economic situation and felt radical measures were needed to change it".

Mariusz Krason, the lead prosecutor, told journalists the suspect believed that "foreign powers exercised power in Poland rather than real Poles".

The man has no links to political or terror groups but is believed to have been motivated by nationalist, xenophobic anti-Semitic beliefs and was found to be in possession of TNT, gunpowder and other explosives

Luna

The Lansing, Michigan GoP shows who they REALLY care about:

QuoteToday Lansing Republicans held a hearing on House Bills 5684 and 5685 in the Tax Policy Committee, which would give a tax credit for unborn fetuses past 12 weeks of gestation. After Lansing Republicans eliminated a state tax credit for parents with children last year, these bills would send a clear message to parents that "your kids don't count."

http://www.progressmichigan.org/lansing-republicans-pushing-tax-credit-for-fetuses-after-eliminating-tax-credit-for-children.html
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is not really very cool at all: http://news.yahoo.com/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants-191930756.html

QuoteLeahy's rewritten bill would allow more than 22 agencies -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Communications Commission -- to access Americans' e-mail, Google Docs files, Facebook wall posts, and Twitter direct messages without a search warrant. It also would give the FBI and Homeland Security more authority, in some circumstances, to gain full access to Internet accounts without notifying either the owner or a judge. (CNET obtained the revised draft from a source involved in the negotiations with Leahy.)

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I'm not convinced that will make it to the floor for a vote, but it still scares me.

Elder Iptuous

aaaaaand, it's gone.

QuoteSen. Patrick Leahy has abandoned his controversial proposal that would grant government agencies more surveillance power -- including warrantless access to Americans' e-mail accounts -- than they possess under current law.
Leahy's about-face comes in response to a deluge of criticism today, including the American Civil Liberties Union saying that warrants should be required, and the conservative group FreedomWorks launching a petition to Congress -- with more than 2,300 messages sent so far -- titled: "Tell Congress: Stay Out of My Email!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 21, 2012, 05:42:57 PM
aaaaaand, it's gone.

QuoteSen. Patrick Leahy has abandoned his controversial proposal that would grant government agencies more surveillance power -- including warrantless access to Americans' e-mail accounts -- than they possess under current law.
Leahy's about-face comes in response to a deluge of criticism today, including the American Civil Liberties Union saying that warrants should be required, and the conservative group FreedomWorks launching a petition to Congress -- with more than 2,300 messages sent so far -- titled: "Tell Congress: Stay Out of My Email!"

Ohhh good!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Moscow has banned a "political repression" protest.  I am amused.

Quote from: Cainad on November 19, 2012, 01:40:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2012, 09:51:20 AM
Also, remember all those dopes cheering on the Burmese Buddhists for "taking on" the junta in early 2008?

Yup.  Nothing more than a factional power struggle, like I said at the time.  Not only that, religious extremists and reactionaries managed to get adoring human rights champions, who they would likely sentence to death, to back them.  Western liberals got played, again!

I think it's long past time that Western liberals gave up the fairy tale of Buddhism being "that one religion that doesn't spawn fundamentalist assholes, so it's okay."

This is some seriously fucked shit.

It's also worth noting that the same strain of Buddhism is practiced in Sri Lanka by the Sinhalese majority.  The same majority that practically genocided the Tamil population a few years back.

LMNO

Well, Buddah did say that "life is suffering", so they just wanted to make sure everyone got their fair share.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Elder Iptuous

nice.  :lol:
wait... TFA says that they arrested the three females for indecent exposure.... is that to imply that boehner allowed the four naked men to sit and chat with him for a bit?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 27, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
wait... TFA says that they arrested the three females for indecent exposure.... is that to imply that boehner allowed the four naked men to sit and chat with him for a bit?

WTF?

NO MAN WOMAN IS ABOVE THE LAW. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 27, 2012, 07:47:24 PM

WHAT THE FUCK

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/27/world/asia/north-korea-china-onion/index.html

China has reprinted the Onion's story on Kim Jong Un being the sexiest man alive.  :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!