News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

some of my drawings

Started by Triple Zero, December 30, 2007, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i guess i don't really need to translate this. there's not much to understand about it anyway

"the barstool hits the priest and the scientist alike"

"Thing on rock"

"Mushrooms"

"Reality, warped and cracking up" (looks a bit like van Gogh's later work, don't you think? i didn't have that in mind when i was drawing it though)

"Preiland" (Leek-Island, a pun)

This is my rendition of that scene in Illumatus! where the woman gets crucified upside-down on a peace-sign. Except that i forgot that the Atlanteans where supposed to be covered in full body hair, but whatever

"Hacker" / "Just Poking"

"How does it feel" (inspired on the song "Severed" by Imperative Reaction, i posted the lyrics here)

"Topiary"

"Corner"

"Flower thing"

"Clear Mind"

"Tree in the Air"

"He liked this one better."

Valentine Card
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Sir Squid Diddimus

clear mind is my fav.
that little guy is cute.

AFK

I liked the first one.  What is "Zo." in english? 

I think this will be my new word for the week. 

"Zo!  another printer jam!"
"What another snow storm is coming?  Zo!"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

in this context, it means something like "there."

like "zo, another job well done"

but as this forum's token dutch, i give you permission to use the word however you like, for the duration of next week.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

Oh, I interpreted it wrong.

I thought it was like "Zo!  Another One!?!"

An expression of surprise. 

Triple Zero

no it's kinda like (since we're gonna milk it now anyway), the guy sees this "object", spends a few moments examining it, but is still entirely unclear about what it is, what it's for etc. so he goes away and does the only semi-sensible thing a human can do in a universe without meaning or purpose: create order. in this case, order is created by fetching and putting an identical object right next to it (regardless of its purpose).

(the meta-story is, that i drew the first four panels quite randomly, just doodling a bit, forcing myself to create another cartoon without much inspiration, and only for the fifth panel started thinking where this should actually be heading. like the guy in the story, i pretty much came up empty-handed as well, and finished it up like this)

AFK

Ah, I see my mistake now.  I thought the second one had materialized by itself.

Triple Zero

you silly man, things like that don't just materialize out of thin air :lol:

Cramulus

My two favorite are Reality Warped and Cracking and Topiary. Awesome work, zipzipzip!

Triple Zero

more:

Muppet man with green dreads

"Cthulhu" (i think i posted this one before?)

"Octopus", translation:
panel 2, fish: "hey, hi, you know, octopus, like, hi, hey, why do you only have one arm?"
panel 3, octopus: "well, that's because of the perspective!!"
panel 4, fish: "oh, i thought it was because of your camouflage colouring!"
panel 4, octopus: "ooh! that's also a nice excuse, right.."
panel 5: FIN (also the wink + circular cutout is a reference to the belgian childrens cartoon "suske & wiske", called Spike & Suzy in Britain)

random stuff (probably some college doodles)

hunter s.durden

000, your drawings don't suck that hard.
This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really like the mushrooms, and the flower. And others, but those are my favorites.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Nigel on January 01, 2008, 12:46:30 AM
I really like the mushrooms, and the flower. And others, but those are my favorites.

Me too.  :)

Also, the device in the first one reminds me of a portal gun...
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

triangle man does hate particle man.
and if they ever fight...... triangle wins.

oh you get it.