News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Cain on Icke

Started by Cain, October 27, 2008, 08:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

As some of you may be aware, I have an enduring love affair with the works of one David Icke, messiah, conspiracy theorist and ex-footballer.  I have, at last, acquired all of his works and, despite the potential for acquiring mental illness, have decided to read them all, from start to finish.  In this thread, I shall document anything funny, bizzare or curious in his works.

I am starting with The Robots' Rebellion.  Brace yourself.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2008, 08:10:29 PM
As some of you may be aware, I have an enduring love affair with the works of one David Icke, messiah, conspiracy theorist and ex-footballer.  I have, at last, acquired all of his works and, despite the potential for acquiring mental illness, have decided to read them all, from start to finish.  In this thread, I shall document anything funny, bizzare or curious in his works.

I am starting with The Robots' Rebellion.  Brace yourself.

This should be fun  :D

It was because of Mr Icke's work that I first became acquainted with the phrase 'turd in the punchbowl'.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Already got one, on page xvi:

QuoteThe manipulators do not want us to know that we are eternal beings of light and love with limitless potential; nor that we can change the world by changing the way we think; and certainly not that we are all One, all equal parts of the same whole, on ajourney of evolution through experience. People who know and live all these things are not nearly so easy to control and direct.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean the manipulators are also eternal beings of light and love with limitless potential blady blady blah?  Maybe this is tough love.  I mean, they know this, after all.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2008, 08:41:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean the manipulators are also eternal beings of light and love with limitless potential blady blady blah?  Maybe this is tough love.  I mean, they know this, after all.

I would guess that the 'We' is as opposed to 'Them', which the manipulators fall into.
Icke is the reptile alien conspiracy guy, no?  are the 'manipulators' the aliens?

Mangrove

Already got one, on page xvi:

QuoteThe manipulators do not want us to know that we are eternal beings of light and love with limitless potential; nor that we can change the world by changing the way we think; and certainly not that we are all One, all equal parts of the same whole, on ajourney of evolution through experience. People who know and live all these things are not nearly so easy to control and direct.

This is the correct Gnosticism a la Origen. He believed that ALL beings would be redeemed, demons included. Some modern gnostic stuff I've read suggests that adverse forces are necessary to precipitate evolution of the soul. This means that while you certainly don't want to become enslaved to demonic entities, there are still required for growth.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on October 27, 2008, 08:44:15 PM

I would guess that the 'We' is as opposed to 'Them', which the manipulators fall into.
Icke is the reptile alien conspiracy guy, no?  are the 'manipulators' the aliens?

He doesn't say.  He is the guy, but this is an early book, I don't know if he had adopted the reptilian hypothesis at this point.  It does seem odd though, either way.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Mmmm, hot 'Cain On Icke' action!!

:wink:

I haven't read any Icke, should I?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 27, 2008, 08:47:03 PM
Mmmm, hot 'Cain On Icke' action!!

:wink:

I haven't read any Icke, should I?

He's amusing, and an easy read.  And if you enjoy reading about how the British Royal family are all made up of shapeshifting reptilian satanists from the lower 4th dimension, then yes, Icke is your man.

Cainad (dec.)

Wait, I thought this was the "Cain on Ice" thread. :?

Cain

Uh oh, cheerios, its the Freemasons.  Pages 38-9

QuoteOne of the most active Brotherhood organisations today are the Freemasons and they would seem to have their origins in Sumer and Egypt in the guilds of the stonemasons and craftsmen. These guilds copied many of the Brotherhood and mystery school traditions and initiations. The title Grand Master, which is common to most secret Brotherhood branches, was already being used at this time. Later, these guilds would evolve into freemasonry which is open to anyone considered acceptable (not just masons) and has been a front for some outrageous behaviour and manipulation. It aims, like the whole infiltrated Brotherhood through the centuries, to keep spiritual knowledge from the general population (the basis of that set out at the start of this book) and even twist the version it gives to its initiates. Freemasonry is, today, the major arm of the Brotherhood. Five thousand years after ancient Egypt, Albert Pike, the Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of Freemasonry in America, would describe this secret society as:

"The Custodian and depository of the great philosophical and religious truths unknown to the world at large, and handed down from
age to age by an unbroken current of tradition, embodied in symbols, emblems, and allegories."

[...]

It is part of the Freemasons' mythology that human civilisations were begun by visitors from the star Sirius which they connect with the Egyptian goddess, Isis. Sumerian stories record that these ETs were fish-like in their appearance - the 'Oannes' I mentioned before - and that they passed on information about building, spiritual symbolism, science and arts. The Egyptians certainly acknowledged the importance of Sirius to them. The Freemasonic and Brotherhood symbol of the pyramid with the capstone depicted as the all-seeing eye goes back to these ancient times, this is said to represent the eye of Sirius - although I see it as Lucifer.

[...]

Freemasonry, like most secret societies of the infiltrated Brotherhood, bases its beliefs and aims on the worship of the Sun God and Mother Goddess mythology which it is believed was common to ancient civilisations. This Father/Mother belief was reflected in the Egyptian trinity of gods - Osiris, the father, Isis, the mother, and Horus, the son. Another name often used for the Brotherhood is its Latin name, the Illuminati, or 'illuminated ones'. It may sound fantastic at this stage in our story, but the world is controlled today by a Brotherhood of secret societies which go back to this period. The swastika, the lamb, the obelisk, the apron, which some Egyptian gods are depicted as wearing, and of course the pyramid and eye are still the symbols of the Brotherhood societies.

Cain

Page 47

QuotePlato was a man of courage and spoke out against tyranny.

:x

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2008, 09:52:51 PM
Page 47

QuotePlato was a man of courage and spoke out against tyranny.

:x

Well... maybe he just got a bad rap from the MSM.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Raphaella

:lol: I can't wait for your input on this Cain! I love Icke, but I've only read his Children of the Matrix and part of his Alice in Wonderland. I'd really like to get The Robots' Rebellion but... I think I'll put it on my Christmas list.  :wink: I bet my Uncle will get it for me.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

BADGE OF HONOR

How does one pronounce Icke?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cain

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on October 28, 2008, 06:25:51 AM
How does one pronounce Icke?

pronounced /ˈaɪk/, apparently.  I've always pronounced it the same as Ike.

Raphaella, I would honestly suggest getting The Biggest Secret, its probably his best book.  His most lunatic, too.  Its got everything, especially the Reptilians.  All in glorious detail as well.