News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

WoW just WoW!

Started by MMIX, November 26, 2009, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/26/depeche-mode-martin-gore
QuoteIn one of this year's loonier lawsuits, Depeche Mode's Martin Gore has been subpoenaed by an American videogamer and asked to testify on the subject of "alienation". Erik Estavillo is suing the makers of World of Warcraft, alleging that the game has alienated him from the real, orc-less world.

According to the San Jose, California resident, World of Warcraft is a "harmful virtual environment" and its developers follow "sneaky and deceitful practices". Despite this, Estavillo admits he "relies on videogames heavily for the little ongoing happiness he can achieve in this life". He just wants World of Warcraft to cost less money. And to stop making him so sad.
and the guy is a real trier too
QuoteThe gamer's past grievances, all unsuccessful, include a suit against Microsoft, claiming a broken Xbox 360 caused him undue stress; a claim against Sony, alleging they violated his First Amendment rights by banning him from their network; and a claim against Nintendo, arguing that by blocking certain Wii software they interfered with his inalienable right to seek happiness.

this guy has made my day
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cainad (dec.)

:lulz: The world needs more people like this guy. You know, to speed up Armageddon.

hooplala

Ok, but... why Martin Gore?

WTF does he have to do with WoW?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 26, 2009, 10:47:17 PM
Ok, but... why Martin Gore?

WTF does he have to do with WoW?

Why do you expect there to be any logic associated with this?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

And Winona Rider.
I want them to croon softly about alienation for me, all i have to do is bring some stupid case against someone.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on November 26, 2009, 11:40:59 PM
And Winona Rider.
I want them to croon softly about alienation for me, all i have to do is bring some stupid case against someone.

Yeah, well, shit, I'm calling dibs on that chick from Evanescence.  I'm not a fan, it's just that she has legendary tits and my standards have, apparently, hit an all time low.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Voodoo Chile

I just can't believe you could subpoena random famous people with some made up excuse.

If I make this a hobby of mine I think I'll hire on a Harely Quinn look alike to hand them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDrMwpyDP4
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 26, 2009, 11:43:38 PM
And Winona Rider.

Yeah, well, shit, I'm calling dibs on that chick from Evanescence.  I'm not a fan, it's just that she has legendary tits and my standards have, apparently, hit an all time low.

they're not called "tits" when they hang off of your sides and back also, just FYI.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 27, 2009, 12:04:06 AM
And Winona Rider.

they're not called "tits" when they hang off of your sides and back also, just FYI.

Sez you.

and my standards have, apparently, hit an all time low.

TGRR,
Will fuck anything that moves, after last night.  No shit.

Faust

Quote from: Voodoo Chile on November 26, 2009, 11:45:26 PM
I just can't believe you could subpoena random famous people with some made up excuse.

If I make this a hobby of mine I think I'll hire on a Harely Quinn look alike to hand them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDrMwpyDP4

"I served you a subpoena once...  :roll: It was a small subpoena"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Hell, then I'm gonna sue and subpoena BEARFORCE1, for causing me mental anguish by breaking up.

Suu

I was considering getting in on the class-action suit by the other WoW gamer widows, then I realized it was probably a waste of time.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

MMIX

Quote from: Suu on November 27, 2009, 03:53:15 PM
I was considering getting in on the class-action suit by the other WoW gamer widows, then I realized it was probably a waste of time.

If you meant that comment to be as deliciously clever as it was then Kudos . . .
and, even if you didn't, I salute your comic genius
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS