News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Dunno how you stomach all that Camus, man.  He just gets me down worse than Poe.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2007, 07:36:33 PM
and his masterpiece, Guns Germs and Steel.

that was really good
see the doc.
he actually did a really good job throughout
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Camus = teh win.  Much better than Satre, the jumped up little prick.

AFK

Currently reading The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Despite my wife constantly telling me how strange I am she is only encouraging it by buying me these books for Xmas. 

I have to say it is quite interresting and amusing so far.  I'm less interested in the so-called "religion" than how Mr. Henderson deconstructs both evolution and intelligent design. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bhode_Sativa

Guns, Germs, and Steel.  It's going a long way to help me get past the whole "take to the wild" bent.  It's good to understand the factors that led to various stages of development for different kinds of societies, and how those factors influenced the outcomes of clashes throughout history.  I'm only about half-way through, but I'm digging it so far.

Idem

Bhode_Sativa

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Bhode_Sativa on January 15, 2007, 03:55:25 AM
Guns, Germs, and Steel.  It's going a long way to help me get past the whole "take to the wild" bent.  It's good to understand the factors that led to various stages of development for different kinds of societies, and how those factors influenced the outcomes of clashes throughout history.  I'm only about half-way through, but I'm digging it so far.

Funnily enough, thats the book I probably would have suggested, if asked.

I'm about Chapter 4 in it.

Thurnez Isa

is it much better then the doc?
i can't seem to find it anywhere in town...
and i maxed my credit cards so i cant order it online
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

B_M_W

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2007, 06:48:17 PM
Quote from: Bhode_Sativa on January 15, 2007, 03:55:25 AM

Funnily enough, thats the book I probably would have suggested, if asked.

I'm about Chapter 4 in it.

Diamond FTW.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Hypnos_childe

hello I'm new
I'm reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics

LMNO

Triple Zero

too bad i only got them digitally .. sucks to read it off the screen, even with the amazing CDisplay viewer.

i wanna sit outside in the park under a tree in the cold winter-sun while reading

what the fuck is keeping those Philips bastards with their e-InkTM hm!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Welcome, Hypnos! Sandman's really good stuff. As far as I'm concerned, Neil Gaiman can do no wrong. You might like the movie Mirrormask, which was written by Gaiman. The art director is Dave McKean, who did a lot of art for Sandman.

Right now I'm reading some anthology of short stories published in 2006.