News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Here are some different ones in the same vein.  Thank the Brits for these.

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Iason Ouabache

I don't think that these are the exact ones I've seen hanging up around here, but they are close:

http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/distributable.html#work
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Elder Iptuous

I work at a defense contractor, so we have up all those 'report suspicious stuff' things all over the place, too.  They put up a bunch of these little paper disks with the following image (left), so i modified it to the one on the right, photocopied and hung up in their place.  Gotta prepare everyone for the onslaught of terrrist pilgrims this coming thanksgiving with their assault blunderbusses.  not really mind blowing, but it made me chuckle...

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Iptuous on October 01, 2008, 09:47:15 PM
I work at a defense contractor, so we have up all those 'report suspicious stuff' things all over the place, too.  They put up a bunch of these little paper disks with the following image (left), so i modified it to the one on the right, photocopied and hung up in their place.  Gotta prepare everyone for the onslaught of terrrist pilgrims this coming thanksgiving with their assault blunderbusses.  not really mind blowing, but it made me chuckle...

:fuckmittens:

Has anybody noticed or said anything about them?

Elder Iptuous

Yeah, they've got a few laughs.
I also put up those homeland security cellular phone posters in the breakrooms, and they have been up there for weeks now without comment....
i got more satisfaction out of the cellphone one, because it is a tweak without setting off humor bells.  I want to put more things like that up.  (more in the vein of markoff chaney)

Golden Applesauce

If you're planning on slowly ramping up the absurdity of the requests made in the name of national security, remember that metal pens, steel-toed boots, bottled water, cans of soda, and talking at water coolers all pose grave threats to national security.

This little fella dates back from WWII, but I think it still looks relevant enough to hang in your break room.

Elder Iptuous

we actually have replicas of WWII propaganda all over the place.  Loose lips sink ships, and all.  I'll have to scan some of it.
as for the steel pens and what not, they actually did pass a thing around about a year ago asking us to declare all exotic metals for some OSHA thing or something, and on the list was steel.  no qualifier calling out rare alloys or anything; just ....steel.  they got a lot of guffaws for that.  people sent it document clips and pens etc.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Iptuous on October 02, 2008, 02:21:19 AM
we actually have replicas of WWII propaganda all over the place.  Loose lips sink ships, and all.  I'll have to scan some of it.
as for the steel pens and what not, they actually did pass a thing around about a year ago asking us to declare all exotic metals for some OSHA thing or something, and on the list was steel.  no qualifier calling out rare alloys or anything; just ....steel.  they got a lot of guffaws for that.  people sent it document clips and pens etc.

Proof that satire is dead, because the real world is already even more bizarre.

Maybe find German WWII propaganda posters with essentially the same slogans as the posters that are already up, and put them up across from the existing poster?

Bu🤠ns

Cainad (dec.)

:mittens:

Those transparent labels are the greatest, aren't they? I used a few to make a conference being held at my college a little more interesting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29689394@N03/sets/72157607756844580/

Triple Zero

wow it's been ages since i checked the GASM subforum ... you guys've been busy!!

:mittens: to all!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I'm sure you could find a use for, or adapt this

Cramulus

that's cool. Reminds me of The Filth (by Grant Morrison)... where'd you find that?

Cain

I made it, and yes it was pretty much inspired by the excellent Filth covers (I haven't seen them in a while, but I remember the first and the last covers being similar).

Cramulus

awesome! I'll put up a bunch of these in portland this weekend.