News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Epistle to the Powerlifters

Started by Doktor Howl, October 16, 2014, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
Quote from: Derrick Broze on October 16, 2014, 11:18:18 PM
One gaze at Bears and you get pacified.

Balls.  The only reason he didn't punch you in the brains is that he's carrying anti-bear spray..

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2014, 09:08:15 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on October 16, 2014, 09:06:56 PM
Wait, are you talking about this forum or your gym?

I am talking about the majority (though certainly not all) of powerlifters.

You're fine.  I hope I've been fine.

My brother is a tard.

All's good then. :)
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

As soon as someone says "do you even lift bro" unironically, you know with 100% certainty you can ignore anything they have to say.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2014, 12:46:39 PM
As soon as someone says "do you even lift bro" unironically, you know with 100% certainty you can ignore anything they have to say.
'

U jelly, bro?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Ben Shapiro

Arriba Amigo!

Cain

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on October 17, 2014, 02:02:02 PM
'

U jelly, bro?

No, that's my arm muscles.  From all the heavy lifting.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on October 17, 2014, 02:02:02 PM
'

U jelly, bro?

No, that's my arm muscles.  From all the heavy lifting.

:lulz:

In seriousness, I think I could end up being all powerlifting all the time, if I hadn't kept myself in check. I tend to read and think and watch a lot of it, and i talk about it given the chance, but, luckily I do have other interests as well.

[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on October 17, 2014, 07:36:15 PM
In seriousness, I think I could end up being all powerlifting all the time, if I hadn't kept myself in check.

It's damn near an occupational illness.
Molon Lube

trix

I've considered getting into lifting but it's always so embarrassing to be struggling to lift the bar with no weights on it.  I wish they'd add Placebo weights, big ass hollow things that weigh almost nothing but look like big heavy weights, just for the wusses amongst us.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on October 18, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
I've considered getting into lifting but it's always so embarrassing to be struggling to lift the bar with no weights on it. 

That's sort of like saying you considered going to grad school, but you won't because you don't have a doctorate.   :lulz:

I am NOT trying to sell you on anything here, I am just having a laugh.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2014, 05:56:58 AM
I've considered getting into lifting but it's always so embarrassing to be struggling to lift the bar with no weights on it. 

That's sort of like saying you considered going to grad school, but you won't because you don't have a doctorate.   :lulz:

This is true. I've been doing this for almost a year, and I'm barely outlifting the fourteen year olds. Two of them are better deadlifters than me, one is only a couple of ponds away from being better in the bench.  :lulz:

[/b]

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2014, 05:56:58 AM

Yeah well, since I literally mean I need a spotter to bench the bar by itself, I'd say it's more like I considered going to grad school, but don't because it's embarrassing to ask for help multiplying whole numbers... in Calculus class.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

In any case, I posted this on the powerlifting page that Waffle and I are on, and now only Waffle will talk to me anymore.

Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

I did on threadmill, and Ski Machine!

I FEEL LIKE GOD FEELS WHEN IT HAS A GUN!

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2014, 12:34:53 AM
In any case, I posted this on the powerlifting page that Waffle and I are on, and now only Waffle will talk to me anymore.

That page got awfully quiet.  :lulz:

[/b]