News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 21, 2016, 03:02:12 PM
Well, I finally got to see, in full-color IMAX 3D with surround sound, what the Racist As Fuck segment of the Sanders supporters look like.

Thanks, Facebook. Now I know.

It's really quite a jolt when you don't see it coming, isn't it?

Very dismaying. I wasnt really sure how to react so I went into reflexive trolling.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2016, 05:09:48 PM
Well, I finally got to see, in full-color IMAX 3D with surround sound, what the Racist As Fuck segment of the Sanders supporters look like.

Can I get a link please? I'd like to see for myself.

If I can find it again, when I have access to a real computer again, sure.

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2016, 08:27:34 PM

Was this the "if Bernie doesn't win I'm going to vote Trump because fuck everyone who isn't a white man" or the "black people are required to vote Bernie, anything less is treason against the greatest civil rights protestor since MLK" crowd?

Multiple comments in the vein of "I'm not racist," and "blacks can do pretty well when they wear proper clothing and don't break the law." Then responding that he supports Sanders when accused of supporting Trump.

Probably the most egregious example of "I'm not a racist, but..." that I've seen in a long time.

Cain

Ah, the #alllivesmatter crowd types.

In other news, testing has yielded a method of video making that is about as resource consumptive on my system as my current one, but results in much higher quality of video.  It also records about 2 gig for every 10 minutes, but such is life and the cost of quality.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 04:44:40 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2016, 04:25:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 02:59:14 AM
I got an invitation to interview! I have to go to Pullman to visit the main campus, but they're paying my travel expenses.

Dope! Uh.. interview for what precisely? Is it an academic job or something?

It's for their integrative biomedical research in neuroscience PhD program.

That's fucking sweet!  Good luck!

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2016, 01:22:08 PM
Quoteheavy drinking culture....hypnotic verbal diarrhoea and self confidence

Yup, that sounds like most sales departments.

:lulz:

Cain

Next Requiem video should be processed in a couple of hours.  At least going by the source file, the visual quality is so much higher now.

minuspace

So today, I showered a douche-bag in wiper fluid, incessantly.  See, it's because I don't tolerate fools driving like that in my hood.  Oh splendid satisfaction.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2016, 01:52:32 AM
Next Requiem video should be processed in a couple of hours.  At least going by the source file, the visual quality is so much higher now.

This is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and watch your videos, I really enjoyed that.

Cain

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on January 23, 2016, 04:03:04 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2016, 01:52:32 AM

This is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and watch your videos, I really enjoyed that.

Thanks, the next one should be up shortly. 

Took 4 hours to process, for some reason, but it's done.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just found out that they are flying Dr. Boison to Pullman as well, for the official interview. We both live in Portland.  :lulz:

Bureaucracy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They aren't flying any of the other Vancouver faculty out, they're bringing him there just to interview me.

It's great because that means that unless I blow it in some mysterious way, I'm in. On the other hand, it makes no damn sense other than fulfilling some kind of bureaucratic protocol.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, somehow, by virtue of attending a meeting that sounded interesting, I am somehow now on a campaign strategy team for forming a neuroscience department at my current university. I seem to be in charge of recruiting support from the bio and chem departments.

:?

Cain

Institute a draft.  Remember, if it's not explictly forbidden by your remit, then it's implied by default.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2016, 06:52:35 PM
Institute a draft.  Remember, if it's not explictly forbidden by your remit, then it's implied by default.

PERFECT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 22, 2016, 01:47:02 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 04:46:14 PM

It's really quite a jolt when you don't see it coming, isn't it?

Very dismaying. I wasnt really sure how to react so I went into reflexive trolling.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2016, 05:09:48 PM

Can I get a link please? I'd like to see for myself.

If I can find it again, when I have access to a real computer again, sure.

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2016, 08:27:34 PM

Was this the "if Bernie doesn't win I'm going to vote Trump because fuck everyone who isn't a white man" or the "black people are required to vote Bernie, anything less is treason against the greatest civil rights protestor since MLK" crowd?

Multiple comments in the vein of "I'm not racist," and "blacks can do pretty well when they wear proper clothing and don't break the law." Then responding that he supports Sanders when accused of supporting Trump.

Probably the most egregious example of "I'm not a racist, but..." that I've seen in a long time.

Be prepared to be accused of lying/misinterpreting/being a bad person if you mention it most places.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on January 22, 2016, 08:52:02 AM
Well, for years meunster has been my Mr. Hyde. But Well, can't be an asshole online when I have go go be a productive person at basic and for the next 3-8 years.

So I'll try to spread the word of eris when I can, and see you all later. Don't die without me.

Hope to see you around here from time to time. I hope joining up brings you everything you hope it will. Good luck, and don't die.