News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

An apology

Started by Salty, November 11, 2012, 06:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I want to say that I am sorry for the way I acted here during the feminism thingy.

I got really upset and it sort of spiraled out of control. Most of that came from stuff going on that had nothing to do with those conversations, I now realize. I don't enjoy getting needlessly hostile with people whose company and opinions I appreciate, a lot. That shit used to happen with me all the time, but it's been awhile.

The details of that argument are not quite as important as the way I handled a good deal of pent up rage and...you know, I'm sorry for that.

Especially with how things broke down with Nigel, as that was especially bad. I consider you a good friend and had a great time hanging out with you and would like to do that again some time. I would hate to lose something like that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Apology totally accepted! I think you are awesome and would hang out with you anytime. I'm sorry about my harsh response in that thread, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

It did get kind of nasty, on all sides.  So, if it's directed to me at all, it's accepted and I extend my own, since I was not, hmm, behaving like I perhaps should have been.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."