Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Mah furst evur webkomik

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 28, 2012, 10:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

so....
people like you are common in Hungary?  :sad:

humor is frequently found in the tension between some point and its obscurity due to some vagueness which is then pierced.  otherwise it's nonsense, which can be aesthetically pleasing in its own right.

...can be.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM
so....
people like you are common in Hungary?  :sad:

Actually, not particularly...

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM
humor is frequently found in the tension between some point and its obscurity due to some vagueness which is then pierced.  otherwise it's nonsense, which can be aesthetically pleasing in its own right.

...can be.

hmm. So my explanations about what the points are are not worthy of comment?
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

trippinprincezz13

I don't care how verbose he is, a brainy man would have had better grammatical sense than to use "now" twice in the first sentence just as he did, knowing it would grate on the eyes and ears of brainier men than he.

Also, something being placed in an exhibit only means that the person placing it there might like it, but has no indication of its quality otherwise.

And it WAS just like xkcd except for the part where it wasn't funny and wasn't anything like it
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mangrove

I liked the white spaces between the pictures.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Reeducation

I liked the first one. It's so true and shit.  :lulz:

I don't like the artwork!
I get the contrast thing you did with it, but it's not my thing. Not this time at least.
I am very calm

Nephew Twiddleton

Being totally objective, seriously.

I don't get it.

Really I don't. You failed in your delivery.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

And honestly I wanted to like it, so I could ride a high horse.

Hey, I can be a dick too, just a more moral and indignant one.

But seriously dude, I don't know if it's a Hungarian humor thing, if something's getting lost in translation or what.

But being familiar with American, British, and Irish humor... it's just some dull, meaningless conversation. But as an honest critique, I just don't get it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:/5

If you fail to reach the audience, then you have failed. And your comic did. Your totally insufferable response to critiques is no one likes you. If you want worship, then a) don't post it here because slobbering praise is not in PD's make up, and b) don't ask us to "slag it" if you're gonna refuse all suggestions anyway.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pæs

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, shit.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Paes, delivering the coup de grace.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Dildo Argentino

Of course, it's also a bit of a sleight of hand... I was talking to iptous, so while funny, the comic lies about me. Which makes it propaganda? Maybe not quite.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 01, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
If you fail to reach the audience, then you have failed. And your comic did. Your totally insufferable response to critiques is no one likes you. If you want worship, then a) don't post it here because slobbering praise is not in PD's make up, and b) don't ask us to "slag it" if you're gonna refuse all suggestions anyway.

Well boo-hoo, but not quite. I produced some pictures. I showed it some people. Most found them funny in an understated way, some encouraged me to exhibit them. One bunch of people, in a bizarre corner of my life, who are largely rather hostile towards me for other reasons, decided it wasn't worth shit.

Story of the artists life, really.

I don't mind it being slagged, but I think the only valid criticism offered so far was offered by Iptous, at the beginning. "I don't get it"', "It sucks" and "It's not funny" are not valid forms of criticism, and if they are offered as such (rather than opinion, which is what they are), that really only speaks about the person(s) offering them. Not nicely.  :lulz: