Started by Mangrove, February 09, 2007, 05:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

[screeching halt]

Yeah, but... We are all One.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2007, 02:55:51 PM
4-d honeycomb?

Sort of.  But I was rethinking it even before I saw Mang's sketch.  I think I'm stuck in the "prison cell" motif which is why this sketch is good, to kind of "break out" of that if you will.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LHX

neat hell

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

what if the architecture was flexible?

what if we pushed the boundaries so far from ourselves that they were lost over the horizon? (yet the boundaries still exist, just further away)

my thoughts were:

-  that the BIP cells intersect and, experienced centrally (the big hadit if you will).

-  any modifications in one cell creates corresponding changes in all other cells (some kind of cell resonance)

- the cells in this view are more organic. they bend/stretch etc but they don't smash or shatter. there's no breakout so much as extensive remodelling.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Please to conflate this w/ Gold Sphere thread.

Mangrove

well, the original design i was thinking of was, in fact, circles (think i mentioned this in the OP).

but the circles weren't working out because i suck at computer art and used the rectangles out of convenience.

however, with that said, there's no reason why the interlocking circles couldn't be interpenetrating spheres.

the spheres are all in constant contact with each other, they are malleable and share a resonance.

the point where all spheres meet is the 'you' (or hadit idea we plundered from uncle al.)

or...uh..something.

LMNO

Sorry, I meant the ensuing thread, not the metaphor itself

Cain's been talking about "reconstruction" as a concept.

This seemed to fit in with that.

Cain

Mangrove

i'm all confused now. i think i am doing better in the other thread.

AFK

don't worry, y'all last me about 4 hours ago.  I'm just trying to tread water.  too much data entry making mind mushy

LMNO

Quote from: mangthe spheres are all in constant contact with each other, they are malleable and share a resonance.

This seems to imply that by careful manipulation of a sphere, you can make the other ones resonate, and therefore shape the BIP to one's concious will, as opposed to unconcious.

"Reconstruct the BIP Cells."

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2007, 08:27:56 PM
Quote from: mangthe spheres are all in constant contact with each other, they are malleable and share a resonance.

This seems to imply that by careful manipulation of a sphere, you can make the other ones resonate, and therefore shape the BIP to one's concious will, as opposed to unconcious.

"Reconstruct the BIP Cells."

i can go for that.

it's the difference between being an accretion of experience that you had little involvement in shaping, or an accretion of experience that was more consciously directed.

AFK

so just because you grew up in a house of alcoholics doesn't mean you HAVE to become one yourself. 

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2007, 08:40:48 PM
so just because you grew up in a house of alcoholics doesn't mean you HAVE to become one yourself. 

correct.

i guess the reverse is also true.