News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 02, 2012, 04:48:33 AM
Finally getting the fuck back out of Maine. In 10 hours I'll be on a bus bound for Virginia Beach. By saturday afternoon, I'll be on said beach wiggling my toes in the sand. I'm still pretty bummed out about how everything has gone down in the last month or two, still processing the fact that my life has been completely and utterly turned upside down, but I feel like this might be the kick in the ass I need to get out of the rut that my life had become. And for the first time in over 10 years I find myself without any pressing interpersonal obligations and I'm kinda digging the idea that I get to live for myself for the next little while.

The last bit is the bright side.

Best of luck, man!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 02, 2012, 01:12:24 AM
So I'm probably not going to be coming back ever again. I just didn't want to be a dick and not say goodbye

:sad: :sad: :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

So I'm probably not going to be coming back ever again. I just didn't want to be a dick and not say goodbye

I know why, not.  Tipareth was someone from your area.  Maybe your wife or a close friend.

I wish you'd have said something.  I also wish Tipareth hadn't come off in such a rude fashion.  As I said, Tipareth is smart, but needs to remember that there are other smart people in the room.

That being said, I'm sorry it happened, and I'm sorry you're leaving.

But before you go, there's something I want to tell you, but if you're actually gone I won't bother typing it out.

You interested in hearing it?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 02, 2012, 02:12:13 PM

I know why, not.  Tipareth was someone from your area.  Maybe your wife or a close friend.

I wish you'd have said something.  I also wish Tipareth hadn't come off in such a rude fashion.  As I said, Tipareth is smart, but needs to remember that there are other smart people in the room.

But before you go, there's something I want to tell you, but if you're actually gone I won't bother typing it out.

Wait... so Tipareth comes in, is a total prick so people were rude back, but Tipareth is Burns' SO, so now he has to leave? After being here for many years?

Um. Abusive and controlling much, Tipareth? What I have seen so far suggests something very ugly.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

I've been having an affair with PD for years, and my wife suspects nothing.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CAKE on November 02, 2012, 02:45:31 PM

Wait... so Tipareth comes in, is a total prick so people were rude back, but Tipareth is Burns' SO, so now he has to leave? After being here for many years?

Um. Abusive and controlling much, Tipareth? What I have seen so far suggests something very ugly.

I don't know that Tipareth is his SO.  They're from the same area, but on different IP #s.  Might just be a close friend.

In any case, I hope Burns comes back, if only long enough to talk about it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Salty

Why would you name your child Regan? Why? If anyone from PD has done so, I would like an explanation.

On a similar topic: I got my first no-call/no-show. I feel like a real professional now.

AND I have some time this morning to PD and do a couple weeks worth of homework real quick.

SO WHAT'S GOING ON?

Burns, why? How? Where would you GO?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on November 02, 2012, 05:06:43 PM
Why would you name your child Regan? Why? If anyone from PD has done so, I would like an explanation.

On a similar topic: I got my first no-call/no-show. I feel like a real professional now.

AND I have some time this morning to PD and do a couple weeks worth of homework real quick.

SO WHAT'S GOING ON?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run

Salty

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 02, 2012, 05:08:44 PM
Quote from: Alty on November 02, 2012, 05:06:43 PM

SO WHAT'S GOING ON?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run

I can get on board with that. I used to joke around that my life would hit a downward trajectory the moment I turned 21. For a couple years it was true, too.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 02, 2012, 02:45:31 PM

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Elder Iptuous

So, i might have a job offer where i get to
a)move from Dallas to the San Francisco area (adventure!)
b)do a completely different type of engineering (from flight simulation to sulfuric acid production)
c)make a good amount more dollars. (maybe damn near twice!)

keeping my fingers crossed!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Elder Iptuous

Thanks, Garbo!
are there any San Francisco area spags?

EK WAFFLR

Two hour train trip to get this relationship shit straightened out once and for all.

Wish me luck folks. I need it.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]