Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Alty on October 15, 2014, 10:41:41 PM
I'm going to go and look for a solution that isn't the only thing I can't do.

I suggest you come to New England, and allow Richter and EOC to help assist you with your solutions. Luna and I just got our hazmat suits, so we should be fine.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 15, 2014, 10:39:53 PM
Cain, fingers crossed.

Quick test shows tentative signs for hope.  After updating all my Windows files (which did not crash the computer...like previously...or cause a "this copy of Windows is not legit" message to flash up, like previously), I was able to run my previous heavily modded Skyrim install (which previously crashed my computer).  And I just ran Dragon Age Origins now (which previously crashed the computer) without issue.  Next test is Dishonored and fraps.

LMNO

Ugh, Boston Govenor's race.  All the candidates suck.  Even the independents aren't nearly as whacked out as they should be.

Actually, I take that back.  One of the independents is being sued for crimes against humanity for inspiring Uganda's anti-gay laws.  And he co-authored a book in 1995 called "The Pink Swastika," which says that, far from being victims of the Nazis and the Holocaust, gays were actually responsible for creating the Nazi party.

So, there's that.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
Ugh, Boston Govenor's race.  All the candidates suck.  Even the independents aren't nearly as whacked out as they should be.

Actually, I take that back.  One of the independents is being sued for crimes against humanity for inspiring Uganda's anti-gay laws.  And he co-authored a book in 1995 called "The Pink Swastika," which says that, far from being victims of the Nazis and the Holocaust, gays were actually responsible for creating the Nazi party.

So, there's that.

Nothing good in Evan Fulchick, then? I did some cursory searching for the name and all I found was "yeah, this guy exists" news articles.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Falchuck basically is clawing for 3% so the United Independent Party can become a thing.  I might go for that.

Doktor Howl

So, yeah, almost ran two cops over this morning.  They weren't happy, but I wound up with a $283 citation instead of getting arrested, so okay.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

How did you avoid getting shot and beaten exactly? Right skin colour?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 16, 2014, 03:18:16 PM
How did you avoid getting shot and beaten exactly? Right skin colour?

Upscale neighborhood + white skin + nice car.  But the beaten thing wasn't out of the question.  They were pissed off, and I can't say I blame them.  I'd have been pissed off.
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, I locked myself out of my university email.  So, no tutorial tonight.

Doktor Howl

So, is it WRONG to go to "prepper"1 pages and try to whip them into greater frenzies about ebola?  I am told this makes me a bad person, but these folks ARE fear junkies, so I figure it's a public service.

1 "Prepper" is what survivalists and gold bugs call themselves now.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2014, 06:12:49 PM
So, is it WRONG to go to "prepper"1 pages and try to whip them into greater frenzies about ebola?  I am told this makes me a bad person, but these folks ARE fear junkies, so I figure it's a public service.

It's your duty.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Chelagoras The Boulder

SOMEHOW still have a bit of cough from last week. I've already taken off as much time as i feel my jobs will permit me in order to get better tho, so i've now entered the "Fuck it, gotta be up and doin'" part of my healing process. This is the part where i throw myself into catching up on all the shit i've neglected while i was feeling shitty for a day or two, then look back and notice that at some point the virus disappeared.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on October 16, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

It's your duty.

Wait, they aren't just doing this to themselves anyway? I thought that was their thing. Wait for the next news item and scream sky is falling. Repeat with next week's news item.

But hey, if you could get a bunch of these assholes to just fuck off into the wilderness I doubt they'd be much missed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Yes.  But only because you're missing out on a perfect opportunity to purposefully confuse "prepper" with "preppy" and troll them with endless talk about whether Harvard is better than MIT for your course and if the Ralph Lauren autumn collection is actually better than Brooks Brothers.

While talking about ebola.