News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

THIS BOARD IS RUNNING SLOWER THAN DOGSHIT.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 01, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Faust on December 01, 2011, 10:52:19 PM
What the fuck, I'm on the other end of the world and I'm having no problems, I wonder could it be a dns issue, I'll have a look and see if I can find anything.

People using Opera can maybe check this for us on the other end of the ocean. If you got the status bar enabled (menu > toolbars > status bar), loading a webpage always goes like "connecting to remote host", "sending request" and then "completed request". And sometimes "receiving data" somewhere in between.

If it hangs/lags on "connecting", it's either DNS, the whole server is down or your connection is screwy.
If it hangs/lags on "sending request", it's the server being slow.
If it hangs/lags on "receiving data", it's your connection being slow or screwy.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

...or alternatively, someone call Roto Rooter and enemize the interbutts.

LMNO

The message I'm seeing in the lower left corner (on IE... I know, I know.  It's what my job uses) says "Waiting for principiadiscordia.com", if  that makes any difference.

BadBeast

I'm using chrome, and my mobile phone as a modem, and I've got no problems. Opens a new tab in less than a second.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 02, 2011, 06:46:27 PM
The message I'm seeing in the lower left corner (on IE... I know, I know.  It's what my job uses) says "Waiting for principiadiscordia.com", if  that makes any difference.

Waiting just means it's waiting. Not connecting, sending or receiving, just waiting. IE likes to do that, just to piss people off. Don't yell or curse, Windows' speech-to-text capabilities detect that and it just encourages it. My suggestion is to play some minesweeper until it's bored or gives up. Another trick is to not touch the keyboard and mouse for a couple of seconds, so it thinks you've gotten up from the computer and are going to get some coffee or something. It usually starts loading at the moment you'd otherwise reach the door.

Trust me, I got a Bachelor in Computer Science.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

BadBeast

Using Internet Explorer is like driving a Clockwork car. (A constant wind up)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Freeky

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 03, 2011, 11:04:14 AM

Waiting just means it's waiting. Not connecting, sending or receiving, just waiting. IE likes to do that, just to piss people off. Don't yell or curse, Windows' speech-to-text capabilities detect that and it just encourages it. My suggestion is to play some minesweeper until it's bored or gives up. Another trick is to not touch the keyboard and mouse for a couple of seconds, so it thinks you've gotten up from the computer and are going to get some coffee or something. It usually starts loading at the moment you'd otherwise reach the door.

So what you're saying is, computers are utter bastards?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 10, 2011, 04:56:47 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 03, 2011, 11:04:14 AM

So what you're saying is, computers are utter bastards?

And I spent many years in university studying on how to program them to be that way.

DECI4

Hey, any progress on fixing the bullshit page loading times? I mean, I guess this COULD be the only forum on the internet too ADVANCED for my computer, if that is the case just let me know and I'll withdraw my criticism.

On the other hand, I now understand why you are so desperate to post on other forums.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Faust

Quote from: DECI4 on December 11, 2011, 09:28:27 AM
Hey, any progress on fixing the bullshit page loading times? I mean, I guess this COULD be the only forum on the internet too ADVANCED for my computer, if that is the case just let me know and I'll withdraw my criticism.

On the other hand, I now understand why you are so desperate to post on other forums.

Oh yeah I forgot about you. Pace yourself, don't work too quickly now.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

DECI4

Quote from: Faust on December 11, 2011, 09:48:00 AM

Post reported. Enjoy your ban troll.
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Faust

Quote from: DECI4 on December 11, 2011, 10:22:38 AM
Quote from: Faust on December 11, 2011, 09:48:00 AM

Post reported. Enjoy your ban troll.

I've had reported posts marked as spam for years.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Phox

Faust, I think I speak for everyone when I say, we are sick of your shit. Imma PM the Mgt.

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 11, 2011, 11:52:00 AM
Faust, I think I speak for everyone when I say, we are sick of your shit. Imma PM the Mgt.

I suppose I had it coming, will I have to turn in my badge and my gun?