Seriously, Dawkins?

Started by Cain, May 27, 2011, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Freeky

Adios

Good god. Why is he breathing my air?

Elder Iptuous

"I hate religion, because it is stupid and causes harm to humanity, but you know, those crusades were pretty awesome.... let's just do that again!"

:roll:

Jasper

It's one thing to hate an idea, but it is simply inhuman to talk about people's lives like this.

The atheist movement's biggest fault is failing to recognize the difference between right and correct.

Kai

Okay, just had to confirm he said that.

http://richarddawkins.net/discussions/624093-support-christian-missions-in-africa-no-but

Now having done that, I have lost all small respect for him I had left.

Does he even KNOW about Sudan, and the back and forth genocidal massacres that have occurred there over the past 20 years? Is he that fucking ignorant?

Goddamn Atheists are just another religion.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prince Glittersnatch III

BRB trolling every atheist forum in existence with this.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 27, 2011, 01:26:29 AM
It's one thing to hate an idea, but it is simply inhuman to talk about people's lives like this.

The atheist movement's biggest fault is failing to recognize the difference between right and correct.

I've always considered Dawkins a hindrance to the atheist movement. He just comes across as a pompous English douchebag.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Blight on May 27, 2011, 04:15:37 AM

I've always considered Dawkins a hindrance to the atheist movement. He just comes across as a pompous English douchebag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E

^This sums up my opinion on Dawkins pretty nicely.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Jasper

Yeah I mainly dislike him because he makes me look like a dickhead whenever I mention in public that I don't believe in supernatural things.  People think "oh, you're one of the Hitchens and Dawkins crowd, whatever, moving on."

Vicious application of laundry folding machines is the only solution.  I bet he'd make at least a hundred fine quality dog collars and wallets, with a bit of processing.

Kai

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 27, 2011, 05:21:05 AM

Yeah I mainly dislike him because he makes me look like a dickhead whenever I mention in public that I don't believe in supernatural things.  People think "oh, you're one of the Hitchens and Dawkins crowd, whatever, moving on."

Vicious application of laundry folding machines is the only solution.  I bet he'd make at least a hundred fine quality dog collars and wallets, with a bit of processing.

Honestly, what you just said is grotesque. The hideous countered with the grotesque. No wonder religious wars go on for centuries.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Religious wars used to go on for centuries because Europe's population was caught up in the power games of popes who wanted Jerusalem and kings who wanted a divine blank check. 

I am just now at the end of a European history course.  I know about wars of religion.

I'm just in a grotesque mood, and hyperbole statement is hyperbole.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on May 27, 2011, 05:18:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E

^This sums up my opinion on Dawkins pretty nicely.

:lulz:

I like this one myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ghIU_tlX0k
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on May 27, 2011, 01:52:38 AM
Okay, just had to confirm he said that.
Thanks for that quote (couldnt display the image).  I knew Dawkins was a douche but i didnt think he was stupid.

Quote from: DICK DawkinsGiven that Islam is such an unmitigated evil, and looking at the map supplied by this Christian site, should we be supporting Christian missions in Africa? My answer is still no, but I thought it was worth raising the question. Given that atheism hasn't any chance in Africa for the foreseeable future, could our enemy's enemy be our friend?

I think he's trying to reach a point somewhere in here, but even with the benefit of the doubt he needs to qualify a lot of these terms.  For example, unmitigated evil?  Give me a fucking break.  If Christian's want to give aid directly to suffering people and tell them fairy tales as well, that's fine with me.  No one is required to convert to receive aid as far as i know.  I suppose they should be grateful of the enlightenment he's offering from his high-horse... you know, instead of worrying about getting hacked apart by machetes, being forced to set their own children on fire, killed in other gruesome ways, or just plain ol' surviving after avoiding all of that.   :roll:

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on May 27, 2011, 01:52:38 AM
Goddamn Atheists are just another religion.

For the people who's beliefs he represents certainly they realize they are taking some of the worst traits of religion FFS.  I'd say really real scientists don't know anything until it has been proven (or disproven).  Certainly everyone can have ideas about what is true and untrue, but an Atheist's disbelief is based on faith that their grid is correct... not evidence for OR against.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.