Main Menu

Difficult Choices 9: Sidekick

Started by Cramulus, July 20, 2007, 12:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

you get

a bard who follows you around and records your deeds in song
a little imp who sits on your shoulder and makes mischief
a talking horse who is super chill to hang out with
a whole pack of college frat goonfucks who are fairly incompetent and drunk all the time but completely subservient to you

Cain

Fuck you all.  Rogue is the only decent class, everything else sucks balls.  And I don't care thats not an option, kick out the bard or something.

Triple Zero

the question was, who will be your sidekick. but you can still be the rogue, sneak stab people in the back from hiding in the shadows, while your pack of drunk college frats draw all the attention away from you!

or you could go for the horse and be that silent mysterious desperado rogue that never talks. except to the horse. which is why everyone thinks they're insane, until it is too late! (and who knows the horse might have a class level or 2 for that extra sneak horsefoot-in-the-back)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

The rogue has to be a sidekick, however.  That way, he can steal something valuable while you are not paying attention, ensuring a sequel to the original adventure.

saint aini

Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Jasper

Blort zarf tum walope.

See, I can speak in tongues too! :D

saint aini

[Grabs his hand]
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Jasper

saint aini

now, my drunk, German, inept frat boy minions will kill you.

but first, I'd like to know one thing, Felix, did it hurt to kill so many good, innocent threads with AI bullshit?
[Grabs his hand]

Cramulus

bumped for Gary Gygax's passing  :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 20, 2007, 12:59:05 AM
frankly, I think all those choices are pretty sweet

Trained monkey or GTFO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kurt Christ

I vote bard, because it would be amazing to have my epic deeds retold in song,
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I voted college thugs, for obvious reasons.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Payne

The Old Gamer pics still make me laugh.

Triple Zero

it's also STILL Gary fucking Gygax.

you little cunt.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.