Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

HOLY HUMPING SHIT!!! I just realized I don't have to be poor anymore...JESUS IS HERE!
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 25, 2014, 05:10:21 PM
HOLY HUMPING SHIT!!! I just realized I don't have to be poor anymore...JESUS IS HERE!

Have we been listening to Lords of Acid again?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2014, 03:12:42 PM
Gotta say, mushroom-based "meat" is better than the real thing.

And something like half the calories.

Unless you're talking about a grilled portabella mushroom cap, I simply don't believe you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 25, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

Unless you're talking about a grilled portabella mushroom cap, I simply don't believe you.

A year ago, I'd have agreed with you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

I find it works better for certain dishes than others.  Obviously anything in a sauce, curry etc, or in stir fried meals.  Also works well in pies, because of the aforementioned sauce thing.

They used to be terrible, years ago, but the quality has steadily improved since.

Yeah, I just tried them again for the first time in a year or so, and I was floored.  They are AMAZING, even without any sauce.

I think, upon reflection and a curry made with the stuff, that it's not so much the flavour that is the issue as the texture, which sauce tends to mitigate.  I don't care hugely for texture myself, but it is noticeable, when eating, that something is not quite right.

Slyph

Britain is blessed with really good pork sausages.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2014, 05:40:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

I find it works better for certain dishes than others.  Obviously anything in a sauce, curry etc, or in stir fried meals.  Also works well in pies, because of the aforementioned sauce thing.

They used to be terrible, years ago, but the quality has steadily improved since.

Yeah, I just tried them again for the first time in a year or so, and I was floored.  They are AMAZING, even without any sauce.

I think, upon reflection and a curry made with the stuff, that it's not so much the flavour that is the issue as the texture, which sauce tends to mitigate.  I don't care hugely for texture myself, but it is noticeable, when eating, that something is not quite right.

They seem to have that problem beaten.  The latest stuff I've tried would fool most people, I think...The ersatz chicken more than the beef, but still.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 25, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

Front 242...and LoA...I've been listening to both. And Shriekback, Bigod 20, Ministry...

I watched the VMAs at the bar last night. It was troubling. I hadn't heard of like 90% of the acts. They all looked like they were 12-years-old. Anyone who I had actually heard of looked ridiculous and out of place...and that guy who looks like Delcon was featured...A LOT.

I needed to throwback to when things MADE FUCKING SENSE!

To wit:

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Personal conspiracy theory: Riff Raff is a deep cover Dadaist. Same with Michael Bay, of course, thats not a theory that is a fact. Go watch Transformers 4 and tell me Im wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

We have to do a confined space entry into a baghouse tomorrow.  The baghouse is new equipment, and there is no real way to set a ladder or scaffold inside of it.

This requires some thinking.  There is a hoist above it, but the hoist cannot be used to lower a person in, though it can (and will) be used as a fixed tie off point for the entrant, and can be used to extract the entrant if required (the laws governing this are weird).

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 25, 2014, 06:18:09 PM
Personal conspiracy theory: Riff Raff is a deep cover Dadaist. Same with Michael Bay, of course, thats not a theory that is a fact. Go watch Transformers 4 and tell me Im wrong.

There's something very goatse about this post.

Until last night, I seriously didn't even know that Delcon's picture was a real thing. I thought he just got it by image searching Florida or something.

Until 20 minutes ago, I didn't know what that person was.

Now I know who he is, and now I know what he does...and it's not okay. It will probably never be okay again.

Cain

I'm more surprised Katy Perry got away with wearing a denim dress.

You know the last person who wore denim to the VMAs, Katy?  Yeah, that turned out so well, didn't it.  Calling it now: five years time, Katy Perry will have a breakdown, shave all her hair off and start shrieking about Jesus while smashing up a car.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

You know the last person who wore denim to the VMAs, Katy?  Yeah, that turned out so well, didn't it.  Calling it now: five years time, Katy Perry will have a breakdown, shave all her hair off and start shrieking about Jesus while smashing up a car.

They said it was a homage to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

This is a thing I know. I read it. I know it now.

Shoot me!

Chelagoras The Boulder

Am I the only one who was dead, balls-on certain that that was Zooey deschanel in that pic for a second there?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 25, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 25, 2014, 06:18:09 PM
Until last night, I seriously didn't even know that Delcon's picture was a real thing. I thought he just got it by image searching Florida or something.

:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 25, 2014, 06:49:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

They said it was a homage to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

This is a thing I know. I read it. I know it now.

Shoot me!

I don't even know why anyone would want to pay homage to Britney.  Justin Timberlake, maybe, I mean he did bring sexy back.

But if he'd seen that dress before going out to retrieve sexy, I doubt he would have bothered.