News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

ITT: Telarus takes a sculpture class and spams you with photos.

Started by Telarus, December 06, 2009, 06:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

This term I've been taking "Figure Modeling" where we work out human forms in clay (oil based clay, which is a lot easier to work with than water based clay, in some sense).

I'm just starting my Final (a Bust of a fictional character) and thought I'd share the last 9 weeks of work with all you spags. I'll break them up by project into separate posts, just to avoid a total image wall.

First up was a model of my own hand:

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Telarus

Next up is the human skull. There are some scale and proportion issues around the teeth, but it came out really well I think. I will probably have to tear it apart to scavenge enough clay to finish my Final. The first 4 photos are from the 'work-in-progress' stages. You'll see that with the next project as well.

Finished piece:

Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Telarus

Next up we have the full human figure (female, nude). I spent four hours a week for four weeks staring at a live model. Luckily the spags in class only managed to crack her up about once a session. This turned out the best so far, in my opinion. Again, many 'work-in-progress' shots and then some shots of the finished piece.

Finished piece:

Telarus, KSC,

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, nice job! I'm really impressed with the feet. Sounds strange, but feet are HARD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Feet are pretty hard, and hands too. These are all awesome!

Captain Utopia

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Remington

Quote from: Telarus on December 06, 2009, 07:00:35 AM
Next up we have the full human figure (female, nude). I spent four hours a week for four weeks staring at a live model.
Lucky bastard  :argh!:

Also, that final sculpture is amazing. Wish I could do stuff like that  :eek:
Is it plugged in?

Jenne

Telarus

Thanks everybody!

Hands and feet were one of the hardest spots to get the details correct. We had a bit of freedom on the face and hair to make up details (which maybe why she looks like Cortana, I got to make up the hairstyle).

I'll be posting WIP shots of the Bust for my final, and I'll try to have the camera on hand while I'm working so I can give more than just a 2 or 3 stage impression. It's going to be a grizzled, old, one-eyed Ork Thief Adept (Garlthik One-Eye) from one of my favorite RPG settings, Earthdawn.

Should be putting some work into that today, I really only have a week and a half left to finish it and I threw some muscles in my back out last weekend, but I'll be able to finish it. It looks like this right now (you can see the tightly bundled newspaper at the bottom, which we are using to surround the armature base pipe, which really saves on the amount of clay I need as well as brings the weight down):

Telarus, KSC,

Telarus

So last night I had to tear apart the Hand and Skull for raw materials.  :roll: I guess that shows destructive-creativity, or creative-destruction or something.

Today I got a whole lot accomplished. Discovery of the Day: Pencil erasers (the kind you put onto the end of pencils over the normal ones) work REALLY WELL as a clay modeling tool.

11 new shots:

Telarus, KSC,

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,