News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Help: Political Science

Started by hunter s.durden, September 27, 2012, 10:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which party should my presentation be on?

Democrats
1 (10%)
Republicans
1 (10%)
Green
3 (30%)
Libertarian
3 (30%)
Constitution
4 (40%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

hunter s.durden

Alright, dudes, time to make me famous.

I have to do a presentation on one of the US political parties. My first instinct was to go Green, as their platform is most agreeable to me right now. I also thought Republican would be fun, my teacher needs more lulz in her class.

I can do another party, but she said we have to first be able to justify it. I think I can do that, so I'm open to it. Whatever your choice, please explain why you chose, I need to know what angle to take. The poll is weighted by argument.

Two votes because we get to pick in random order, our first choice may be blocked.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on September 27, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
Alright, dudes, time to make me famous.

I have to do a presentation on one of the US political parties. My first instinct was to go Green, as their platform is most agreeable to me right now. I also thought Republican would be fun, my teacher needs more lulz in her class.

I can do another party, but she said we have to first be able to justify it. I think I can do that, so I'm open to it. Whatever your choice, please explain why you chose, I need to know what angle to take. The poll is weighted by argument.

Two votes because we get to pick in random order, our first choice may be blocked.

Constitution Party.  They're the funniest bunch of right-wing freedom-hating whackjobs out there.  They make the fucking teabaggers look sane.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

If you're allowed to go historical, you absolutely have to go with the Anti-Masonic Party.

If modern, the Objectivist Party.  They're formed of people who consider the Libertarian Party to be dangerously liberal and subversive to free market principles.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 27, 2012, 10:16:00 PM
Constitution Party.  They're the funniest bunch of right-wing freedom-hating whackjobs out there.  They make the fucking teabaggers look sane.

Nice. I know nothing about them, it would force me to research.
This space for rent.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2012, 10:19:37 PM
If you're allowed to go historical, you absolutely have to go with the Anti-Masonic Party.

If modern, the Objectivist Party.  They're formed of people who consider the Libertarian Party to be dangerously liberal and subversive to free market principles.

Damn, I need to see this.

There is a confirmed Libertarian in the class, and he's easy to troll. I obviously considered being a dick by taking it, but going even further right would be a great move. I'd love to call him liberal.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on September 27, 2012, 10:20:39 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Party_(United_States)

Enjoy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 27, 2012, 10:24:03 PM
Quote from: hunter s.durden on September 27, 2012, 10:20:39 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Party_(United_States)

Enjoy.

George Wallace in the first paragraph. Outstanding. We may have a leader.
This space for rent.

Cain

Their economic policy is:

QuoteFREE MARKET CAPITALISM: We advocate a completely free market with no government interference. We oppose tariffs, embargoes, rent controls, wage controls, corporate taxes and all other forms of government interference in private businesses. We oppose any and all legislation which forces or "encourages" employers to hire employees based on any standard other than their ability to perform the required tasks (e.g. affirmative action). We oppose any and all legislation which forces banks to lend money to unqualified candidates (e.g. the Community Reinvestment Act). We oppose all government bureaucracy which interferes with the rights of individual citizens to contract freely with businesses and individuals of their choice (e.g. the Food and Drug Administration), and we radically oppose the socialization of ANY industry in the United States and its territories, especially the health care industry.

TAXATION: We advocate a flat-rate income tax at both the Federal and State levels. We oppose all sales tax, property tax and progressive income tax structure. We radically oppose all tax-funded welfare programs, including but not limited to medicare, medicaid, government subsidized housing, and food stamps. 

That said, the Constitution Party is both larger and funnier.  Not to mention heavily linked with crazy survivalist militia groups.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteThe party opposes same-sex marriage, and believes state and local governments have the right to criminalize "offensive sexual behavior".

Internet Jesus

Free soil party.  All politics since them has been merely footnotes.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Freeky

Constitution and Lbertarian parties FOR THE LULZ!

LMNO

The COnstitution party is fucking nuts.  You should do it.

East Coast Hustle

Guns and Dope party. Explains itself.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY.

THAT ONE.

RIGHT TGE FUCK NOW.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 29, 2012, 05:18:33 AM
RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY.

THAT ONE.

RIGHT TGE FUCK NOW.
This got some consideration, because Jimmy McMillan

But constitution is looking strong now. The hate is bubbling in from so many minds.
This space for rent.