News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Project Eternity

Started by Cain, October 03, 2012, 07:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Sounds like Project Eternity has just the donation tier for you - you can design your own enemy encounter using the same skills and such available to the player.  Just donate several thousand dollars.

Start your own Kickstarter - The Kickstarter to Allow Cain to Design a Nigh Unbeatable Encounter in the Project Eternity Kickstarter.  I'd kick in $20.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

That would be fun.

Though they've made it modding supported, so worst comes to worst, I'll team up with PocketPlane or someone to wreck some havoc.

Cain

New strech goals announced:

$2.7 million will lead to the inclusion of the Paladin and Chanter (Bard) classes.

$2.8 million will get George Ziets, the lead writer of the critically acclaimed "Mask of the Betrayer" expansion for NWN 2.

Cain

All goals met. 

$3 million will now net a player stronghold, leading to additional quests.

$3.5 million will lead to the creation of a second major city in the game.

There are now only 4 days left to go, so if you're still interested, I suggest stumping up some money now.

Don Coyote

I snuck in a $20 pledge right before they closed that tier off. (I was the last one)

Cain

Swote.

I've backed them with a ridiculous amount of money.  Which I then doubled to help get Ziets on board.  I don't want to say exactly what tier, because people will either think I'm boasting, or insane for dropping so much money on a single game...but it's enough that once the game comes out, the mailman is going to hate having to carry my delivery.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2012, 02:28:06 PM
Swote.

I've backed them with a ridiculous amount of money.  Which I then doubled to help get Ziets on board.  I don't want to say exactly what tier, because people will either think I'm boasting, or insane for dropping so much money on a single game...but it's enough that once the game comes out, the mailman is going to hate having to carry my delivery.

One of those backers eh? Well at least now I know someone who did that.

Junkenstein

I managed to get in to this a couple of days ago. It's the first time in a while that I've had a "TAKE MY MONEY" moment.

It made over 4 Million by the way, so everything is getting enhanced.

Given the talent involved, the script is going to be face meltingly awesome.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that the 4 million mark was reached - when one takes into account Paypal, of course.  I didn't think it would make it, and that "game enhancement" would be too vague a goal to hope for.

I also believe the Endless Paths mega-dungeon is now up to a confirmed 12 levels.  As said dungeon is meant to be the in-game version of Watcher's Keep, and the Keep was massive at only five levels, I'll be very interested to play that part of the game.

It does seem a lot of people on the forum are upset that there will be no XP for killing creatures - only meeting objectives.  However, I kinda think they're missing the point - it was heavily hinted at in the earlier updates, when the devs said the game wouldn't penalise you for using non-combat skills to achieve your goals.  The only way to do that without creating a mind-numbingly complicated system is objective based XP. 

But now quite a few people are up in arms "I wantz mah grindin experience".  They're entirely missing the point, you'll get your goddamn experience, just not based on kills.  So long as the game doesn't rely on random replenishing spawns, it wont make a difference, as every encounter will be accounted for by the objective system.  One objective might well be "wipe out the bandit groups operating in Area X", for example.  How you do that is entirely up to you, including swords in ribcages.

I swear, RPG gamers are the worst fucking fanbase in the world.  I thought Bioware Social was bad, but it's a sea of tranquility compared to this.

Don Coyote

Shit, it would be nice to not have to grind out experience on random spawn monsters. The objective based exp makes it more like a tabletop RPG.

President Television

Gamers are bitching that they got rid of the single shittiest part of CRPGs?  :lulz:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on October 19, 2012, 04:38:13 AM
Gamers are bitching that they got rid of the single shittiest part of CRPGs?  :lulz:

How else are they supposed to powerlevel over the hard bosses in the game?

President Television

Quote from: American Jackal on October 19, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

They might have to open dialogue!
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on October 19, 2012, 05:45:04 AM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 19, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

They might have to open dialogue!

They might have to read what the NPCs have to say!

Cain

OBJECTIVE XP IS AN MMO CONCEPT!*

*(seriously, this argument is used for everything....MMOs are the devil, apparently.  Well, that and Dragon Age 2.  They're not my cup of tea, but I'm sure they've done some things well)