News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Mr. Chavez claims "US 'weapon' caused Haiti quake"

Started by Da6s, January 21, 2010, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=116688&sectionid=351020704

Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez Wednesday accused the United States of causing the destruction in Haiti by testing a 'tectonic weapon' to induce the catastrophic earthquake that hit the country last week.

President Chavez said the US was "playing God" by testing devices capable of creating eco-type catastrophes, the Spanish newspaper ABC quoted him as saying.

Chavez said the killer earthquake followed a test of "weapon of earthquakes" just offshore from Haiti. He did not elaborate on the source of his claim.

The outspoken leader had earlier accused the US of occupying Haiti "under the guise of the natural disaster."

At least 11,000 US troops have been dispatched to the country to provide security for aid distribution efforts.

Venezuelan media have reported that the earthquake "may be associated with the project called HAARP, a system that can generate violent and unexpected changes in climate."

HAARP, the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, is a study run in Alaska directed at the the occasional reconfiguration of the properties of the Earth's ionosphere to improve satellite communications.

:lulz:

I think he saw this and thought it was a documentary:
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

The Johnny

Silly Chavez, the HAARP is just the laser pointer to call in the tectonic attacks by the alien lizard masters.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Jenne

Sometimes I think Chavez just has too much penis envy.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

the last yatto

there was a theory IT couldnt effect things locally because of the analog signal of the local tv stations
were causing too much feedback. and they are now offline as its switched to digitial so its :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

If nothing else, the timing on this one was very unlucky.  Looks pretty bad if you don't think too much about the actual science.

Dysfunctional Cunt

America has a "weapon of earthquake"?  Damn we couldn't come up with a better name than that?  WTF?

LMNO

I dunno... The acronym is "WOE".  Fairly accurate, if you ask me.

Jenne

Template

"You're right, Mr. Chavez.  We have an earthquake weapon.  But--we were aiming at your histrionic face."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Iason Ouabache

1) Why would the US want to occupy Haiti in the first place?

2) Don't you think the US could find cheaper/less lethal excuses to occupy a country like Haiti?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 02, 2010, 04:14:08 AM
1) Why would the US want to occupy Haiti in the first place?

2) Don't you think the US could find cheaper/less lethal excuses to occupy a country like Haiti?

We need excuses?