News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HA but actually he just texted to say that they are coming to pick me up and are on their way. I LOVE LAST MINUTE CHANGES OF PLANS. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE BEING INFORMED THAT ACTUALLY YOU ARE GONNA DO SOMETHING AN HOUR EARLIER THAN EXPECTED.

I guess that means there's no time for me to eat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 12:52:07 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 23, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
So, my boyfriend has been a huge pain in the ass to spend any time with at all for the last six weeks or so. I think I gotta call it, but it's really hard to break up with someone YOU NEVER SEE.

Then

QuoteThis week, he has a friend in town. Friend turns out to be vegan. This is Portland, so every restaurant has vegan options, but apparently she has to eat at a pure untainted vegan establishment. .

Am I the only person seeing the potential, here?

:lulz: I think I missed my chance.

I am going to go meet them at a non-vegan bar after dinner, though.
Wait, just so we're clear, we ARE talking about slapping the vegan in the face with a large kielbasa, right? that is immediately what my mind jumped to
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 03:01:17 PM
Quote from: Hello Waffles on November 19, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
My grandfather (the one who survived cancer twice) died this morning. Blood poisoning. I'm devastated.

Sorry to hear that.   :cry:

Thanks, Roger.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 24, 2014, 05:09:31 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 12:52:07 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 23, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
So, my boyfriend has been a huge pain in the ass to spend any time with at all for the last six weeks or so. I think I gotta call it, but it's really hard to break up with someone YOU NEVER SEE.

Then

QuoteThis week, he has a friend in town. Friend turns out to be vegan. This is Portland, so every restaurant has vegan options, but apparently she has to eat at a pure untainted vegan establishment. .

Am I the only person seeing the potential, here?

:lulz: I think I missed my chance.

I am going to go meet them at a non-vegan bar after dinner, though.
Wait, just so we're clear, we ARE talking about slapping the vegan in the face with a large kielbasa, right? that is immediately what my mind jumped to

Naw.  You ask questions about Veganism.  Then you ask more.  And more.  AND MORE.

HORRIBLE SOCRATIC DEATH.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I behaved myself.

I did not break up with him in front of his out of town guests, that would have been rude.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 03:03:53 PM
I behaved myself.

I did not break up with him in front of his out of town guests, that would have been rude.

I take it he didn't woo you into changing your mind though :p
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 🅵🅰🆄🆂🆃 on November 24, 2014, 03:58:14 PM
I behaved myself.

Nope. Though I was reminded of how much I actually like him, I just would like to be able to see him maybe once a week at a reasonably normal time of day or night without it being a gigantic pain in my ass.

I just don't have time for things to be difficult.

Faust

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 04:17:15 PM
I behaved myself.

Nope. Though I was reminded of how much I actually like him, I just would like to be able to see him maybe once a week at a reasonably normal time of day or night without it being a gigantic pain in my ass.

That's a shame, Sounds like even talking to him about the issue would be difficult if you cant actually get time with him.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 🅵🅰🆄🆂🆃 on November 24, 2014, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 04:17:15 PM
I behaved myself.

That's a shame, Sounds like even talking to him about the issue would be difficult if you cant actually get time with him.

Yeah, exactly.

Doktor Howl

Yanno, I'm a really busy guy, by which I mean there are endless things that keep me away from the house.

Or would, if I didn't FORCE time for Jenn.  Not as much as I would like, but at least a couple of waking hours a day, bare minimum.

It isn't easy, but I do it because I want to be with her.  If I didn't, I imagine she'd leave me.

Just saying.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As school gradually ramps into Finals week (with a midterm one week before Finals, for good measure) I am gradually having a complete meltdown. I can't fucking do this and also FUCK HOLIDAYS.

OK, with that out of the way, I've been fiddling with my car and it looks like the problem may lie in the simple fact that last time I replaced my brake lights, the douche at the auto supply store absolutely insisted that I had the wrong bulbs in and sold me different bulbs from the ones I've been using for years. He looked it up on the computer and was like "Nope, you need these ones". Stupidly, I believed him.

They're completely and utterly the wrong bulbs for my car. Like not even within the realm of acceptable replacements. I was using the correct bulbs to begin with, which I should probably have been able to deduce from the fact that I have been driving Volvo station wagons for 14 fucking years and the correct bulb has always been the 1156.

Sooooo

I need to replace the incorrect bulbs that I JUST bought, and hope that fucktard didn't cause me to burn out my relay. That fucker costs like $65 on a good day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 04:41:03 PM
Yanno, I'm a really busy guy, by which I mean there are endless things that keep me away from the house.

Or would, if I didn't FORCE time for Jenn.  Not as much as I would like, but at least a couple of waking hours a day, bare minimum.

It isn't easy, but I do it because I want to be with her.  If I didn't, I imagine she'd leave me.

Just saying.

Yeah, I gotcha.

It shouldn't be this hard. He HAS free time. He just chooses not to schedule time to see me, and then it ends up not happening.

And I am not, any possible appearances to the contrary, a spontaneous person. I keep this thing rolling by meticulous time management, I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 04:48:04 PM

Just saying.

Yeah, I gotcha.

It shouldn't be this hard. He HAS free time. He just chooses not to schedule time to see me, and then it ends up not happening.

And I am not, any possible appearances to the contrary, a spontaneous person. I keep this thing rolling by meticulous time management, I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type.

I was directing my comment at him.  You have stated already that he has free time.  If I had more free time than Jenn, I'd be organizing my free time in a manner to coincide with hers.  That's just part of the work you have to put into a relationship.

He sounds like a nice guy, but one indisposed to do the work required to make a relationship happen.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 04:44:44 PM
and also FUCK HOLIDAYS.

Only in the West could we take the idea of a day off and turn it into 60 days of horrible stress.

Do you part, Nigel...Pimp slap a Salvation Army Santa today.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 04:50:12 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 24, 2014, 04:48:04 PM

Just saying.

Yeah, I gotcha.

I was directing my comment at him.  You have stated already that he has free time.  If I had more free time than Jenn, I'd be organizing my free time in a manner to coincide with hers.  That's just part of the work you have to put into a relationship.

He sounds like a nice guy, but one indisposed to do the work required to make a relationship happen.

Yeah, I think that a lifetime on the lower Haight working nights and dating other ambitionless, childless, responsibility-less people makes him a poor match for me.