News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

The Parable of Steve

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 26, 2009, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

It is a good story, and definitely helps one understand the society quite a bit better, lol.

Although, what exactly is the line between outright pinealism and discussing some of the more vague and out there aspects of discordianism?
There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 18, 2010, 04:00:23 AM
It is a good story, and definitely helps one understand the society quite a bit better, lol.

Although, what exactly is the line between outright pinealism and discussing some of the more vague and out there aspects of discordianism?

It's kind of like the line between being blunt and being a jerk. Hard to define and even harder to recognize when you're the one pushing it, but other people know when you've stepped over it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

It's the line between liking Monty Python and sharing favorite moments with friends, and interjecting a Monty Python quote into every conversation that you possibly can.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 18, 2010, 04:00:23 AM

Discussing aspects of "classic" Discordianism is much different than parroting fifty-year-old jokes that weren't very funny to start with.

minuspace

Your pet spag is always with me  :D

Kansai

I like this story.  It has excellent quality and flow.  I am disheartened, though, because my story "The Tale of Chaminade" was posted after this one while remaining oblivious to this work of art.  It's frustrating when you unknowingly post what seems like a mockery to a prior existence.  Regressing to the topic at hand, I thoroughly enjoyed your parable and shall now consider it the origin of Principia Discordia.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It doesn't appear to be a mockery, as much as it appears to be so utterly stale and cliche that a story mocking it, and you, was already written.

Because you are a stereotype. There are six people who think just like you on every streetcorner. You are not original, clever, interesting, or mindblowing. All you are is "outlandish", where "outlandish" follows a known and predictable set of rules.

Stop trying so hard.

Kansai

Please elaborate on this.  Your saying that my composition, "The Tale of Chaminade", is a common stereotype story that anyone on a streetcorner would write?  If so, then why are you so surprised by spotting it on these forums?  That seems like a contradiction of what you are saying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Lame troll is lame. Go away, poptart.

Kansai

I agree, trolling is lame.  So stop doing it on my posts you hipocrite.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 08:27:36 PM
I agree, trolling is lame.  So stop doing it on my posts you hipocrite.

:lulz: This is my thread you're trolling. Moron.

Kansai

Sorry to steal your thunder, then.

Here's one last reply for your post:

If you feel offended by my words or feel that I'm trolling you, then I apologize.  I just don't like people talking trash to me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 08:39:16 PM
Sorry to steal your thunder, then.

Here's one last reply for your post:

If you feel offended by my words or feel that I'm trolling you, then I apologize.  I just don't like people talking trash to me.

You certainly don't have it in you to steal my thunder and I'm not offended. But you responded to honest feedback and criticism of your story by getting defensive and being an insufferable dick, so you're getting it back.

That's just how it goes.