News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Fucking 2016

Can someone do something meaningless like sacrifice a small thing because I'm trying to sell my house and I keep finding stupid shit wrong. Like a wet area under a toilet, it's humid out so it's probably condensation but arg damnit.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Are you asking for Discordians to sacrifice something in order to make something happen more smoothly?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2016, 04:44:57 AM
Are you asking for Discordians to sacrifice something in order to make something happen more smoothly?

Fuck nevermind I'm good!

Cain

Common sense has prevailed over my work hours, and I'm getting a chance to put my case for letting me design and present the Prevent training tomorrow.

I figure if anyone is going to have to tell people they need to be snitches for the government to prevent terrorism, it should be me.  I can limit the damage.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2016, 03:30:59 AM
Gene Wilder died.   :sad:

I am quite sad about this. One of the finest comic actors of the past century. The Producers taught me a hell of a lot about business.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

So many appropriate Gene Wilder gifs to send him out on.

Trivial

So like, not informing support that your av and computer equipment was struck by lightning is a thing.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 30, 2016, 04:20:16 PM
So like, not informing support that your av and computer equipment was struck by lightning is a thing.

They're powered by electricity. A lightning strike will surely just supercharge them.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

POFP

Quote from: Xaz on August 30, 2016, 04:32:41 PM

They're powered by electricity. A lightning strike will surely just supercharge them.

:lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Trivial

I should grab cables during a storm, surely this will give me powers.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 30, 2016, 05:00:20 PM

Well you'll stop aging to begin with....
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 30, 2016, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 30, 2016, 05:00:20 PM

Well you'll stop aging to begin with....

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, reinventing the wheel in our water system.  For once in my damn life, I'm not surrounded by know-it-all chemists that could have solved this on day one.  Instead, I am surrounded by know-it-all physicists who will solve it right into it's fucking grave.  So I ignore them, and dance to their indignant howling, while doing this weird shit called "gathering data and putting it in a readable form" while "reading Army manuals and municipal procedures on how to make potable water that doesn't rip out the pipes."

Odd, I had always thought you needed a low pH to get a low pH effect.  Not so, and I really wish my teachers hadn't lied to me the whole time I was in school.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2016, 08:24:47 PM
So, reinventing the wheel in our water system.  For once in my damn life, I'm not surrounded by know-it-all chemists that could have solved this on day one.  Instead, I am surrounded by know-it-all physicists who will solve it right into it's fucking grave.  So I ignore them, and dance to their indignant howling, while doing this weird shit called "gathering data and putting it in a readable form" while "reading Army manuals and municipal procedures on how to make potable water that doesn't rip out the pipes."

Odd, I had always thought you needed a low pH to get a low pH effect.  Not so, and I really wish my teachers hadn't lied to me the whole time I was in school.

Are physicists especially bad about solving problems they are not qualified to touch? I remember my dad complaining bitterly about physicists attempting to code.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 30, 2016, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2016, 08:24:47 PM

Are physicists especially bad about solving problems they are not qualified to touch? I remember my dad complaining bitterly about physicists attempting to code.

Yes, they are as bad as chemists trying to tell you how to align a motor, or engineers telling you how to do shit that is outside of their area of education.  For example, having a chemical engineer try to troubleshoot PLC code.

Not saying that they never have good ideas, just that it always ends in failure and tragedy.