OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Etiquette guides disgust me.

Some friends of mine got married today and I wasn't invited to the wedding. I'm cool with that, I think weddings are a personal affair that have a lot of factors to consider in terms of cost, venue, family size, closeness of relationship, etc. I feel like we should be grateful for being invited rather than stilted if we aren't. I was invited for an after party and I'm trying to figure out what the custom is for gift giving for an after party. All I can find is a bunch of discussion forum questions where people say that after parties are tacky and your guests will feel insulted for not being invited to the event. It's fucking gross.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Met Permagos today.

So Tucson now has Zenpatista, Permagos, myself (and associated related spags), choppas, and Frank the Bastard.

You will all come to Tucson.  I've told you about this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nast

Tucson is the unfathomably large void that the universe is expanding into.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 18, 2015, 01:23:05 AM
Met Permagos today.

So Tucson now has Zenpatista, Permagos, myself (and associated related spags), choppas, and Frank the Bastard.

You will all come to Tucson.  I've told you about this.

Nope.

Too much

Coyote poop

Old People

Sun

Sand (see coyote poop)

White People

Sun

Nast

The thing is, even if you don't go anywhere, you will eventually end up in Tucson.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on October 18, 2015, 02:28:32 AM
The thing is, even if you don't go anywhere, you will eventually end up in Tucson.

This.

It's worth noting that, as we speak, Tucson is being annihilated by the worst thunderstorm in years.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Epimetheus

In Pirates of the Caribbean, Jack gets this black spot on his hand that attracts the Kraken.
I picture the Tucson as being like that Kraken. And everyone has the black spot.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Chelagoras The Boulder

or Night Vale. Tucson is like Night Vale, only hotter.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Pergamos

Roger is nicer in person than on the forum.  Also even more talkative.

Chelagoras The Boulder

well, i seem to be having a small emotional spiral and none of the people i usually talk to when this happens are picking up their phones. This will be an interesting night.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on October 18, 2015, 04:45:13 AM
Roger is nicer in person than on the forum.  Also even more talkative.

Coffee is my friend.

Nast

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 18, 2015, 04:55:20 AM
well, i seem to be having a small emotional spiral and none of the people i usually talk to when this happens are picking up their phones. This will be an interesting night.

:sad:

Feel free to vent here if you think it will help.

Meunster

I kinda like strep throat. You can't be edgy or depressed  when all you do is lay in bed cursing the pain.
Poe's law ;)

Meunster

Weird. I've been looking through the members list some people havr websites or blogs attached to them that are both discordian and active.

Yet they haven't been back here in over 3 years.
Poe's law ;)