News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Time To Spit It Out.

Started by Salty, June 23, 2011, 06:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I know, I know. There are quite a few people here really into this sort of shit.
I'm not knocking anyone for enjoying the shit they enjoy, especially when they put actual, real life effort into it. Substantiate it so to speak. I actually find that cool, no matter what the particulars are.

Still...

ENOUGH.

FUCKING.

STAR WARS.

SERIOUSLY.

I like the movies. I even enjoyed the recent ones. Watching Vader be all melty and shit. It was cool. They had their moments, is what I'm saying. Sure, they also had their very bad, extensively horrible, painfully atrocious moments, whatever. But like any other played out, beaten and broken money pump things are getting ragged, it doesn't matter how much you primp and cover with fancy make-up: hackneyed trash is as hackneyed trash does. (I'm looking at YOU Clone Wars cartoon.)

It's got to stop sometime, right? Lucasfilm can't continuously pump out plastic product after plastic product and stamp their legacy on ANY FUCKING MEDIUM POSSIBLE FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY CAN THEY? I think they can. I think they are going to. Forever.

I just...I'm just a little exasperated because of character voices on Tom Tom's and lightsaber sounds on iPhones and themed weddings I've been to and the children I'm around with the toys and the tv shows and moichendise moichendise moichendise. FOR THREE GOD DAMNED DECADES.

I'm a little overwhelmed because it the default, go to, OMNIPRESENT flavor of scifi and I can't fucking taste anything else.

I'm disappointed because I like stories and I like those stories. I just can't stand them anymore.

It's like having the same piece of gum in your mouth for 30 years.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

This.

Also, too much CGI makes the damn thing too busy to enjoy.
Molon Lube

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Captain Swampass

The license is being dramatically overused, but there are some gems. The expanded universe, for one. Then there are several thoroughly impressive Star Wars video games. But I do agree... it is getting a little old a little fast. The The original trilogy was great and deserved to be a cultural thing, but the latest three are all kind of obnoxious cash grabs that only 12 year olds really enjoy.

However, Republic Commando was a great game based off of the later trilogy.

LMNO

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 23, 2011, 07:08:00 PM
Quote from: Your Evil Stepmother on June 23, 2011, 07:02:22 PM
I hate Star Wars.

Me too.  Especially the goddamn Romulans.

No, no, those were in Battlestar Galactica. You're thinking of the Vogons.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

Alty, you know what I can't wait for?

the day that they decide to REMAKE the originals.

You think Star Wars is immune to a series reboot? It would be an awful idea, but after Lucas kicks it, I bet our grandkids will watch a new A New Hope in theaters.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on June 23, 2011, 07:20:37 PM

:crankey:

So long, Space Opera, hello CGI.
Molon Lube

Salty

:horrormirth: :vom: :horrormirth:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Something to look forward to hateshitting on. I suppose.

Like the Mitt Romney Administration.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on June 23, 2011, 07:20:37 PM

You think Star Wars is immune to a series reboot? It would be an awful idea, but after Lucas kicks it, I bet our grandkids will watch a new A New Hope in theaters.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Doktor Howl

They could have Matt Damon play Luke.  And Sean Connery could play Obi Wan.

And Paris Hilton could play Princess Leia.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Cain

It'll be Darker and Edgier.

Which, as always, basically means more sex and corpses.