News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

THIS JUST IN: Bigot has plenty of Gay friends...just won't *serve* your kind.

Started by navkat, March 06, 2013, 10:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=14591&MediaType=1&Category=26

QuoteStuzman insisted she is not anti-gay: "We hire gay people. I have friends that are gay, that wasn't the issue. The issue is that I just didn't want to participate in the marriage."

I wonder how many abusive marriages she's supported by sending apology flowers to the battered spouse. No matter. As long as they're straight, sanctity of marriage an all that. God totally wants the happy gay ones to live in sin and the miserable straight ones to stay together.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on March 06, 2013, 10:15:06 PM
http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=14591&MediaType=1&Category=26

QuoteStuzman insisted she is not anti-gay: "We hire gay people. I have friends that are gay, that wasn't the issue. The issue is that I just didn't want to participate in the marriage."

I wonder how many abusive marriages she's supported by sending apology flowers to the battered spouse. No matter. As long as they're straight, sanctity of marriage an all that. God totally wants the happy gay ones to live in sin and the miserable straight ones to stay together.

Two things:
1.  How would she be participating in the marriage, unless its a polygamy thing, and

2.  I can't read the article, because my company - and this IS a bit of a shock - filters all gay and lesbian interest sites.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2013, 10:23:26 PM
2.  I can't read the article, because my company - and this IS a bit of a shock - filters all gay and lesbian interest sites.
huh. usually when you are blocked, my nannywall also blocks.  but mine lets this through.
does it put up a block page giving the reason for filtering as something like 'restricted category - gay and lesbian interest site'?

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2013, 10:23:26 PM

QuoteWashington Florist Refuses To Supply Flowers For Gay Wedding
By On Top Magazine Staff
Published: March 06, 2013

A Washington state florist has refused to supply flowers for the wedding of a gay couple.

According to CBS affiliate KEPR, Barronelle Stuzman, the owner of Arlene's Flower Shop in Richland, refused to provide flowers for the wedding of Robert Ingersoll and his partner, Curt.

"He said he decided to get married, and before he got through I grabbed his hand and said, 'I am sorry. I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ,'" Stuzman said.

"We hugged each other and he left, and I assumed that was the end of the story."

However, Ingersoll took his story online, where it went viral.

"It hit Facebook and it exploded," said Stuzman, a 37-year veteran of the flower business.

Ingersoll told NBC affiliate KNDU that he was shocked by Stuzman's refusal, saying the couple had patronized the shop for nearly a decade.

"It came as a shock to me because I've had a nine year relationship with Barronelle and have never thought there was a reason that she wouldn't ...," an emotional Ingersoll said.

Stuzman insisted she is not anti-gay: "We hire gay people. I have friends that are gay, that wasn't the issue. The issue is that I just didn't want to participate in the marriage."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 06, 2013, 11:18:36 PM
I look forward to her being dragged over court coals.

BUT SHE HAS LOADS AND LOADS OF GAY FRIENDS!  SOME OF HER BEST FRIENDS ARE GAY!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

Maybe one of them will volunteer to defend her? If she has so many, I mean, surely one will step forward to defend Stuzman, from these allegations!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Aucoq

Quote from: navkat on March 06, 2013, 11:02:00 PM
Quote"He said he decided to get married, and before he got through I grabbed his hand and said, 'I am sorry. I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ,'" Stuzman said.

:roll:

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 06, 2013, 11:44:09 PM

Maybe one of them will volunteer to defend her? If she has so many, I mean, surely one will step forward to defend Stuzman, from these allegations!

:lol:  Great point.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Running From Ghosts on March 06, 2013, 11:50:53 PM
Quote from: navkat on March 06, 2013, 11:02:00 PM
Quote"He said he decided to get married, and before he got through I grabbed his hand and said, 'I am sorry. I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ,'" Stuzman said.

:roll:

I've read the bible, many times.  I can't think of a single instance in which Jesus turned down a wedding invitation.

Elder Iptuous

BUT SHE HAS HAD LOADS AND LOADS OF GAY FRIENDS!  SOME OF HER BEST FRIENDS ARE GAY!

FTFY

not any more after they leveled their gay agenda cannon at her in order to ruin the sanctity of her wedding flowers.

navkat

She doesn't have a problem with the gays...as long as they don't "act gay."

navkat

McGrupp

Won't serve their kind? That must be awkward when her gay friends come over for dinner.

navkat

McGrupp