News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

The First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and Open Bar™

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2013, 08:19:30 PM
That answer was in totally the wrong thread.  Not sure how that happened...

I don't know, but my efforts at understanding it in the context of the previous post were pretty Herculean.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2013, 06:14:57 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 12, 2013, 05:36:03 PM
Quote from: Pæs on October 12, 2013, 11:33:44 AM
Apparently the Internet of Things is a world where physical objects are seamlessly integrated into the information network, and where the physical objects can become active participants in business processes. Services are available to interact with these 'smart objects' over the Internet, query and change their state and any information associated with them, taking into account security and privacy issues.

But the Twitterbot I just wrote in Ruby to connect anything I like to the internet is most likely to be attached to a switch beneath the flusher for my toilet so every time someone uses it the toilet tweets variations on "MASSES OF TURD COMING YOUR WAY, @PLUMBINGSYSTEM"

This is fucking  brilliant.  I shall include this in my irc twitterbot irc feed.

Also, please to include pics of this setup....

They think they've found The Answer, and that Answer is Managerial Rationalism.  Apply metrics to ALL THE THINGS!

It ALMOST works, but it doesn't actually make any sense, but I about broke my brain trying to figure it out. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 12, 2013, 09:46:24 PM
Apparently the Internet of Things is a world where physical objects are seamlessly integrated into the information network, and where the physical objects can become active participants in business processes. Services are available to interact with these 'smart objects' over the Internet, query and change their state and any information associated with them, taking into account security and privacy issues.

But the Twitterbot I just wrote in Ruby to connect anything I like to the internet is most likely to be attached to a switch beneath the flusher for my toilet so every time someone uses it the toilet tweets variations on "MASSES OF TURD COMING YOUR WAY, @PLUMBINGSYSTEM"

This is fucking  brilliant.  I shall include this in my irc twitterbot irc feed.

They think they've found The Answer, and that Answer is Managerial Rationalism.  Apply metrics to ALL THE THINGS!

It ALMOST works, but it doesn't actually make any sense, but I about broke my brain trying to figure it out. :lol:
Heh, I just assumed he was talking about something at his job. For some reason i thought this was Open Bar.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Don Coyote

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 12, 2013, 09:44:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2013, 08:19:30 PM
That answer was in totally the wrong thread.  Not sure how that happened...

I don't know, but my efforts at understanding it in the context of the previous post were pretty Herculean.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Weird thing I didn't even notice it was in the wrong thread.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on October 12, 2013, 11:44:40 PM

Heh, I just assumed he was talking about something at his job. For some reason i thought this was Open Bar.

It IS Open Bar.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 12, 2013, 11:58:10 PM

It IS Open Bar.
:lol: So it is! Hah, colour me confused.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

THREADS ARE MERGING AND SPLITTING ACROSS TIME AND SPACE

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on October 13, 2013, 12:10:40 AM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 12, 2013, 11:58:10 PM

It IS Open Bar.
:lol: So it is! Hah, colour me confused.

You're not alone! At the very least, Cain and I have both also been confused by this thread today.

Don Coyote

I've gotten a text a piece from Stelz and Nigel via twitter. Messages that make me think at least you two have had your twitter accounts hacked.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I had an email from twitter this morning telling me to reset my password.

Thanks. Going to see WTF they put there...
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

I've been invited to a convention on historical costuming in Kansas City this coming spring. That's a place I've never been. It's all midwest and stuff out there. With no ocean.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Which Kansas City? There are two of them, and they are NOT created equal.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"