News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

ATTN PEEDEE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY HOMEWORK

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 26, 2014, 02:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to watch and comment on three commercials for a homework assignment. I don't have tv reception, so the only time I ever see commercials is when I'm at a bar. I have no idea what's out there. Can you guys suggest commercials for me to comment on?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

You could go to Hulu and get some commercial watching in. It's all either car commercials, those stupid Geico ones with the crappy paintings talking to each other in an MS paint version of the portraits in the Harry Potter movies, or Jennifer Aniston peddling Aveno.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

LMNO

Sita

Can watch a video of the top ten superbowl ads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZV8ciujyT0

My favorite is the radioshack one (at about 8:25 in) but that's just because I like all the 80s characters that show up.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmm all of these are viable! Also I could just watch Youtube until I get my fill of commercials.

Problem: they have to be linkable.

Nephew Twiddleton

Bren was in a commercial. It's on youtube. BRB.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 02:47:08 AM
Hmmm all of these are viable! Also I could just watch Youtube until I get my fill of commercials.

Some companies, like Geico and Apple have their commercials on their website. Usually it's via YouTube so a YouTube search will probably show you the actual commercials, which, when you try to watch them, will be interrupted by other commercials.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 26, 2014, 02:50:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 02:47:08 AM

Some companies, like Geico and Apple have their commercials on their website. Usually it's via YouTube so a YouTube search will probably show you the actual commercials, which, when you try to watch them, will be interrupted by other commercials.

COMMERCIALS IN MY COMMERCIALS!

Yo dawg, I heard you like advertisements...

Nephew Twiddleton

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDXjuhCDU4

He's the one who's talking rather than having his coffee poured out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 03:08:30 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 26, 2014, 03:00:56 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDXjuhCDU4

He's the one who's talking rather than having his coffee poured out.

Awesome! Thanks!

No probs!

It was a rather convenient intersection of good friend since I was 13 (Ok 14, we didn't like each other at first) and an equally good friend through the interbutts.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So the assignment is supposed to be to label the explicit message, the implicit message, and state whether I agree with the messages, and why.

Here's what I did for this one:

QuoteExplicit message: New Englanders should drink coffee from Honeydew Donuts, because it's better.

Implicit messages: Honeydew Donuts is better than Dunking Donuts coffee, and Honeydew Donuts is for white middle-class New Englanders. Or, perhaps, that by drinking Honeydew Donuts coffee, the consumer can become whiter and more middle-class.

I can't agree or disagree with the explicit message, because I don't drink coffee. I do, however, know that New Englanders have a fairly unique cultural relationship with donut-shop coffee.

As for the implicit message, I can't vouch for the quality of any donut shop coffee, but I do like donuts, and not being white or middle class, I am put off by the message that their donuts are not for me, or might inexplicably turn me white.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel