News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Chuck Bagsteak via impromptu French Water Grill

Started by Bruno, August 24, 2012, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

So I needed this mixer with controlled speed, right? And I had a variable speed drill, a cheap drill press, and a mixing blade. I went to Lowes and found a lamp dimmer and hooked it up to my drill to control the speed, and then used zip ties to attatch the drill to the drill press, and to hold in the button on the drill.

The drill press I was using was one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXWALL-DRILL-PRESS-STAND-ELECTRIC-DRILLS-/350475554061

It was missing the part that holds the drill.

This is the lamp dimmer I used:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/64249/LUT-TTCL100HWH.html?utm_source=SmartFeedGoogleBase&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_term=LUT-TTCL100HWH&utm_content=Plug-In+Lamp+Dimmers&utm_campaign=SmartFeedGoogleBaseShopping&gclid=CM7uybLx_7ECFUeR7QodyxIAfg

I also had a crock pot, and I thought to myself "hey, I bet I could use the lamp dimmer on the crock pot and make it into a French Water Grill".

So I did that.

I cooked some chuck steaks in it using those vaccum bags they sell at Walmart. They were ok. I cooked one of the chuck steaks regular for comparison. It was different. I can't say I liked either way over the other, but it was scientifically kind of interesting, I guess.

One good thing did come of it, though. While I was cooking the bagsteak, I needed to use the mixer, but I couldn't, because I needed to use it, like, all night, and I forgot that when I started the bagsteaks.

So I found another way of doing it so that I didn't need the mixer anymore, which is good, because I work late at night, and my roommate has a 4 year old daughter that lives here half the time, and that drill was loud, and in the kitchen.

That's my story about bagsteak.
Formerly something else...

LMNO

I think "bagsteak" is a much more appropriate term than "sous vide".

If nothing else, you gave me a new word.  Thanks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Bagsteak"  :lulz:

I have a new euphemism for my vagina!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

EH, congratulations. You put alot of time, effort, and cleverness into the SINGLE WORST THING EVER.

Also, :lulz: @ bagsteak.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bruno

It's not what you think!

I hardly put any effort into it at all! Honest!

The only thing I actually had to buy was the quart vacuum bags. I already had the pump from when I was trying to use the Ziploc Sioux Veed bags to make a carbon fiber one-hitter/duggout.

I could have used some of the bags I already had, but I was afraid the epoxy would give the meat an off flavor.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"French water grill" - what is it? It sounds like a toy for bagsteak.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

Toobsteak and bagsteak both a like a the freench watergreel.

Fun for everybody, yes?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It occurs to me that "A very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic" is also not only a very good euphemism for a vagina, but a very good euphemism for a French person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 25, 2012, 06:49:48 AM
It occurs to me that "A very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic" is also not only a very good euphemism for a vagina, but a very good euphemism for a French person.

Or my back.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2012, 07:11:22 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 25, 2012, 06:49:48 AM

Or my back.

:lulz:

Faust

Quote from: Emo Howard on August 24, 2012, 10:05:03 AM
So I needed this mixer with controlled speed, right? And I had a variable speed drill, a cheap drill press, and a mixing blade. I went to Lowes and found a lamp dimmer and hooked it up to my drill to control the speed, and then used zip ties to attatch the drill to the drill press, and to hold in the button on the drill.

The drill press I was using was one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXWALL-DRILL-PRESS-STAND-ELECTRIC-DRILLS-/350475554061

It was missing the part that holds the drill.

This is the lamp dimmer I used:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/64249/LUT-TTCL100HWH.html?utm_source=SmartFeedGoogleBase&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_term=LUT-TTCL100HWH&utm_content=Plug-In+Lamp+Dimmers&utm_campaign=SmartFeedGoogleBaseShopping&gclid=CM7uybLx_7ECFUeR7QodyxIAfg

I also had a crock pot, and I thought to myself "hey, I bet I could use the lamp dimmer on the crock pot and make it into a French Water Grill".

So I did that.

I cooked some chuck steaks in it using those vaccum bags they sell at Walmart. They were ok. I cooked one of the chuck steaks regular for comparison. It was different. I can't say I liked either way over the other, but it was scientifically kind of interesting, I guess.

One good thing did come of it, though. While I was cooking the bagsteak, I needed to use the mixer, but I couldn't, because I needed to use it, like, all night, and I forgot that when I started the bagsteaks.

So I found another way of doing it so that I didn't need the mixer anymore, which is good, because I work late at night, and my roommate has a 4 year old daughter that lives here half the time, and that drill was loud, and in the kitchen.

That's my story about bagsteak.

I got an email from 1000 lightbulbs graciously thanking us for support asking me to add the www to the URL to their page.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno