News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 17, 2015, 04:31:08 PM
Thanks guys.

At first he wasn't able to move his left side at all, but that's improved. He still can't talk but he seems more lucid - he could tell people were there with him and I hope that helped.

So... things are looking better than they were this morning, at least. Just have to stay hopeful for now.

He's able to move his left side? That's very promising.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Demolition Squid

Yeah - I'm not with him but my mum said he was able to raise his left arm and move his left leg - not a lot but some.

They've just left him to have some rest, and said they'd check in again this evening. The doctors still haven't really told them much - it is too early to say, basically. From what little I know about this sort of thing, any improvement at all in the first day feels hopeful.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 17, 2015, 04:20:42 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 03:55:41 AM
Not even 24 hours after posting grades and I have my first complaint. I docked her 25% for late homework, and her excuse is that she was "like 3 minutes late due to the room change".

The professor announced THE FIRST DAY that he was putting in for a room change, and that he would post it on the website. The new room was posted the next day. That means this chick had 6 days to notice it, just like everyone else. On top of that, we waited 5 minutes after start time for any stragglers who didn't notice the room change on the website (which they had to have used to take the required quiz) to get to the old classroom, see the notice on the door, and climb the two short flights of stairs or take the elevator to the new classroom.

Seriously, honors just doesn't feel like that big of an accomplishment now that I know I'm being compared to people who literally cannot follow simple directions.

If you allowed 5 minutes and she claims to have been 3 minutes, I'm having some trouble with her story, here.

If you're working with grades, it's best to be a hardass early on.

Yup. Even if I were to cut her slack for not checking the website for the room change, there's no way she got to the old room on time, as the old room is less  than 2 minutes away unless you're mobility impaired. FFS the one girl who IS mobility impaired managed to turn hers in on time. Class starts at 5:30, students need to be present, turn in their homework, and in their seats by the time the professor starts talking. It's like having a shift that starts at 9: you don't walk through the doors at 9 and then meander to the time clock, clock in, and saunter to the floor. You're clocked in and on the floor ready to work by 9.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 17, 2015, 04:49:57 PM
Yeah - I'm not with him but my mum said he was able to raise his left arm and move his left leg - not a lot but some.

They've just left him to have some rest, and said they'd check in again this evening. The doctors still haven't really told them much - it is too early to say, basically. From what little I know about this sort of thing, any improvement at all in the first day feels hopeful.

That means his motor cortex isn't too significantly damaged, so that's good! And yes, the earlier there is improvement  the better the outcome. Is there indication that he understands what's said to him?

Cain

That is very good news, Demosquid.  Too early to crack open the champagne, maybe, but a very positive indicator.

Plus if he was leading a healthy and active lifestyle before this, that is also grounds for some hope.

Eater of Clowns

Yeah I've always heard that's a good sign. Here's to more improvement!

Saturday is gym day with the brother in law. There are all these fit, hard working bodies around and my eye keeps getting drawn to a tall, thin girl. He asks me what the deal is.

"Man, just look at how diligently she returns her equipment to where she found it. I wanna be like 'Hey honey, let's get responsible together.'"

It's possible I've found why I am not doing well in the dating game.  :oops:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 17, 2015, 06:20:52 PM

Saturday is gym day with the brother in law. There are all these fit, hard working bodies around and my eye keeps getting drawn to a tall, thin girl. He asks me what the deal is.

"Man, just look at how diligently she returns her equipment to where she found it. I wanna be like 'Hey honey, let's get responsible together.'"

It's all about finding someone who finds that hot.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

"What's up baby you wanna go reshelve some books at the library?"

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

YEAH TELL ME HOW ORGANIZED YOUR CABINETS ARE

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 17, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

"What's up baby you wanna go reshelve some books at the library?"

When you find the girl who gets excited about that, you'll know she's the one.

LMNO

What's cool is that even if a woman like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 17, 2015, 08:26:23 PM
What's cool is that even if a woman spag like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.

newsfeed

axod

What's cool is that even if a woman like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.
That, is a noble figure.
just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 17, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
What's cool is that even if a woman spag like that is one in a million, there are SEVEN THOUSAND of them out there.

newsfeed

It would need to be corrected to reflect the correct math, which would be fourteen thousand if we are expanding the search for EOC's lifemate to men.

I'm not sure how EOC feels about that, though.

President Television

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 17, 2015, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 17, 2015, 08:54:11 PM

newsfeed

It would need to be corrected to reflect the correct math, which would be fourteen thousand if we are expanding the search for EOC's lifemate to men.

I'm not sure how EOC feels about that, though.

I think it's more that the original figure should've been 3,500, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.